Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linda1nathan23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Spouse receives retirement fuds and I have not worked in a yr, no income on my part
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 05:42 AM

What's your question? Please be specific.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 07:23 AM
    You will file jointly, as the retirement funds are probably taxable (unless they are EXCLUSIVELY Social Security).

If they are exclusively Social Security, then it is likely that NO federal or state tax return is even required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entitled to part of x-husband's military retirement? [ 40 Answers ]

Married an active duty military man in 1971. He had been in the military 3 years prior to our marriage. We were married almost 16 years, divorced in 1987. He retired from the military in 1990. Is there anyway I can receive any of his retirement? Or is it "too late"? Or does it depend on...

Spouse worked in multiple states ? Confused [ 1 Answers ]

Ok Here is my situation Myself 1. Resdient of PA for the whole Year of 2007 Spouse 1. Resident of PA, but worked and lived in VA from 1 Jan 2007 to 30 Sep 2007 2. Moved to a new job in PA from Oct 1, 2007 How should I file my taxes. Should I file jointly or separately. Also, how should...

Spouse outside US for part and in US for part of the year - file single or joint ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working in the US (RI) since Aug 2006. My wife has been living and working in India all this time. However, in Aug 2007, she came to the US (CA) on an independent work visa. For financial year 2007, would it be beneficial / correct for us to file taxes individually or jointly...

Lived and worked in different state than spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I apologize for the question: it's a complicated situation, and I'm afraid I'll have to pay for professional advice. But, in case somebody could help me, for free... :D , here is the situation: -husband and wife both work and live in MA. -husband gets a job in CT, while wife goes...

1099-MISC Spouse worked from home for 2 months [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are filing married jointly. 2. I have a regular job and get W2... no problem on that end:) 3. Spouse did consulting for a company for 2 months in year 2004 (wrote some computer Programs from home). She got a 1099-MISC from the company she conuslted for. The income is reported on ---...

View more questions Search