Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhparent Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 05:01 AM
    My 17 year old daughter wants to live with me
    My 17 year/3 month old daughter wants to live with me and not with her mother. I am divorced and do pay child support. My daughter has not been happy for years because my ex-wife makes it hard for my daughter. Can she live with me legally? I live in NH.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2010, 06:29 AM

Yes, she can live with you legally if you get a Court Order changing custody. Otherwise she is under age and cannot make her own choice.

If she is emancipated (supports herself, has her own apartment, finished her education) then she can choose but this is not the case here.

Go back to Court - she will testify and she will be heard although the Court does not have to follow her wishes.

You have posted this same question two other times - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ml#post2388636; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...me-327564.html

The advice has been consistent. Please don't keep posting the same question - unless there is something you don't understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 15 year old daughter left home to live with her dad. [ 3 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter left home to live with her dad. She said she hates me and doesn't talk to me at all unless she needs money for something. I have rules at my house and she didn't want to follow them. She gets to do whatever she wants at his house. He's never home any way and I now find...

My 25 year old daughter and her baby live with her mom and dad can we claim on taxes [ 1 Answers ]

My 25 year old daughter lives with us, her mother and step father we provide all the support for both of them can we claim them on our 2009 taxes

View more questions Search