Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dskowron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Ceiling fan lights too dim
    I have a Hampton Bay Antigua fan with an add-on light kit (4 bulbs). I also purchased the wall mounted remote control. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Now, all four bulbs are extremely dim. I've tried higher wattage bulbs but there just doesn't seem to be enough power to light them adequately. There is no 'dimmer' switch that I am aware of. Any thoughts on what could be going on?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Hold down the "light" button.
    dskowron Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    Hold down the "light" button.

Something this simple and I NEVER would have figured it out. It worked immediately. I LOVE the support here. Ceilingfanrepair, you ROCK!!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2007, 10:12 PM
    Thank you. Feel free to send me lots of money. I don't want your firstborn, mine is trouble enough.
    AMYDMILLER Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Wow! Thanks so much for this, I did not have money for an electrician!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Voltage okay- yet lights still dim [ 4 Answers ]

Forgive me if Ive ask this question before, I think I wrote it out, but had to leave and I just closed it rather than posted. Two years ago when I had my 15KW electric furnace installed, I noticed that when ever it would run, it would make the lights dim, and they wouldn't get bright again until...

Four ceiling fan lights [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Big dummy here. I took the light fixture down to tighten up the four light fixtures attached thereon and didn't write down the way it was wired up before I unwired it. :o So. Here I sit with four groups of wires, one black and one white for each light, on the lower half and hanging from...

Lights do not work on the ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

The fan will come on when using the fan switch, but when I use the light switch the lights will not come on. Is this a wiring problem or a switch problem? I would like to fix it myself if possible. The ceiling fan was put in with lights attached below in 1995 and the lights quit working about 2...

Ceiling fan and lights go off and on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 20 AMP circuits to my bathroom running off same circuit breaker. One circuit powers a ground fault receptacle and vanity lights. Other circuit powers ceiling fan, ceiling fan light, a ground fault receptacle and shower light. This circuit goes on and off but GF or breaker do not kick off....

View more questions Search