Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truthseeker3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Married 30 years and am a respondent in a divorce, suppose to be MY divorce.
    I answered and contested within 20 days, Am seeking temporary support and the martial home to raise our children. Husband did not respond to contested answer, ( 20 days has passed). My request for emergency support was denied, but we will go before a magistrate soon. Husband walked out on us, no financial support ( been 6 weeks), is selling off assets quietly and is hiding bank account funds in the meantime,and has been threatening to conceal our minor child . The courts turned down my request for an injunction to stop his actions.Will my attempt to file a motion for default be in my best interest, or should I wait until the magistrate hearing? I need to stop husbands action now before everything is gone, I do not want to slow things down by filing the wrong papers.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2010, 02:50 PM

This isn't the way our court systems are supposed to work. I don't know where you're from, but you evidently have a real live kangaroo court in your community.

Courts routinely provide temporary support (at the very least child support) and it's very common to stop all actions of selling marital assets until the court decides who's entitled to what.

Is there a possibility that your husband is friends with the judge?

Do you have an attorney representing you? If you don't, get one ASAP. If you do, you may need to look into getting a different one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2010, 03:15 PM

I agree with Dev, something is going on here. If you are losing motions that you seemingly should not lose then you NEED an attorney. You should be able have your attorney fees paid as part of the settlement. So shop around for an attorney NOW. Don't go back to court witout one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 07:21 PM

If he is selling things, are they in his name alone ? If jointly how is he selling them legally,

What you do is make a list of all the items and in court he has to show the sale, and the money they bring in will be part of the property to be divided.

Where are the kids, do they live with you or him ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens if respondent doesn't reply in a Florida divorce? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has been served with divorce papers. What happens if he doesn't respond within the 20 day period?

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case [ 3 Answers ]

If a Petitioner doesn't respond to the Motions served by Respondent in a divorce case? What happens?

Been married 10 years he wants a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Hi So my husband has moved to another state I reside in Florida in our house he wants a divorce, I am a homemaker and will have to find a new place to live as he has had me sign quick claims deeds to all his houses 9 in three states, where do I stand re ailmony, health insurance, and I would...

Dating married guy for 4 years and who is now in divorce procedure [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old I'm currently dating a 43 year old we have been together for 4 years he's married in the beginning of February I told his wife about us I could not take it anymore the excuxes the lies when I told her she laughed she did not believe me so I gave her a little insight about things I...

View more questions Search