Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KY12851 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 07:13 PM
    Disclosure of a patient's name to another patient
    Is is a violation of HIPPA law to disclose to one patient, that someone they know is also a patient of the same doctor's office?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 07:17 PM

Perhaps, of course when I register at my doctor, we all sign a list, everyone who visited that day has their name written down.

Also when they come out to get me, they call my name out loudly ( hard of hearing) so any and everyone in room knows who I am
    KY12851 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 07:30 PM

Well, I know that person was not in the office at the time (I would not have gone in), or later in the day - I believe the office worker told him outside of the office that I was now a patient of the same doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disclosure statement? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are having house built from the ground up and had to sign a disclosure statement and in that statement it stated that the front yard landscaping and wing fencing came with the house. We went to the design studio yesterday and they said that we had to pay $3400 for the front yard...

Full disclosure [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I have the husband who has cheated for past 7 years. He insists that she not only was NOTHING to him but that he broke it off with her. I just found a journal that he was keeping that shows that he obsessively kept track of when he called her when she called him, his suspicion of HER and his...

Home disclosure [ 5 Answers ]

When I sell my home am required to disclose to the buyer that I didn't have permits for my addition or is it a don't ask don't tell kind of policy? Thanks

Full disclosure [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I am the wife of the 7 year cheater. When confronted he said that she was NOTHING to him and that he had broke things off with her about 2 months ago. I recently found journal entries in his handwriting that chronicles his obsession with their phone calls, what she said, what he said, the...

Disclosure statement [ 1 Answers ]

How long can a seller be liable for misrepresenting on the disclosure statement. I've purchased a house in Texas about two years ago and I believe the seller lied about a few things.

View more questions Search