Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pivoine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
    Can people living in France join the Fortune Hi Tech Marketing?
    barbarabushe Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2010, 04:39 AM
    Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Hit with National Class Action
    September 18, 2010. By Brenda Craig

Louisville, KY: A giant pyramid scheme that has been masquerading as a marketing company appears to be starting to crumble. The only “fortune” the company created went mostly to the company's father figure, Paul Orbison, and a short list of his confederates.

Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Hit with National Class Action. Although Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing purports to sell everything from hair care products to cell phones, the real sales job was done on potential recruits to the organization.

“The law against pyramid schemes is clear,” says R. Kenyon Meyer, an attorney who works with the well-known firm of Dinsmore and Shohl in Louisville, Kentucky. Meyer represents four former Fortune sales representatives in a national class action alleging they were victims of Orbison's operation.

According to the suit, sales representatives were charged $299 for the privilege of joining the Fortune team. Then they were pressured into buying a never-ending stream of services and equipment in order to do the job, says Meyer, who has been researching the company for several months now.

“Fortune requires sales representatives to get 'frequent customer points.' Those points are obtained not by selling something, but by signing up for something in order to do your job as a representative!”

Just because Fortune maintained a list of products for sale doesn't mean it isn't a pyramid scheme, warns Meyer. “Every pyramid scheme has some product that it purports to promote. The focus on recruitment overrides the focus on the sale of a product to the ultimate consumer meaning somebody not involved in the pyramid.”

Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing was recently routed in a Montana state class action where regulators successfully litigated against the company for operating a pyramid scheme.

Orbison, who lives and operates Fortune from Lexington, Kentucky, tells recruits he was able to retire after he made a million dollars month with another multi-level marketing company. He started Fortune in order “to give back” and allow others an opportunity to get rich.

Meyer's clients, however, would prefer that Fortune simply give back the money they were duped into pouring into a pyramid scheme. According to the research done by Dinsmore and Shohl, the majority of sales reps actually made less than $90 dollars a month before expenses.

There may be thousands of potential class members across the US and even in Canada and Britain, but Fortune is unclear about how many sales representatives it actually has on the books. “They have made some vague representations from time to time, like we have had tens of thousands of representatives join in the last couple of months,” says Meyer. “But there have been no official numbers released.”

The class has yet to be certified. Meyer believes it will happen soon. “I am really looking forward to the discovery phase,” he says.

Read the article from USA Today at www.fhtmclassaction.info
    barbarabushe Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2010, 04:40 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing Hit with National Class Action
    Www.fhtmclassaction.info
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 06:10 AM

Why would anyone still fall for the dating and love scams from Ghana ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2010, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivoine View Post
    Hello P:

If they have too much money, why not?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online businesses-fortune hi-tech marketing [ 9 Answers ]

I was recently presented information about fortune hi tech marketing and was considering signing up for it. It sounded like a good way to make some money. I'm wondering if I sign up and pay the $299 and then decide its not the business for me.. can I get out of it and still get my money back?

Is Fortune Hi Tech Marketing good? [ 32 Answers ]

My youngest daughter called this evening and told me she was thinking about signing up with Fortune Hi Tech Marketing. My question is this; Are they a good online company, or just another scam? She wants to try to make some extra money with an online company and do it from home in her spare time. ...

View more questions Search