Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stevo6568 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 03:01 PM
    My wife has a “friend” on Facebook and the conversation went WAYYY beyond flirting. T
    My wife has a “friend” on Facebook and the conversation went WAYYY beyond flirting. They talk about cheating and sex and he even gave her his address and phone number. He said "call me when you get here". I know that he has her cell phone number. I asked her if something was going on and she lied. I found all this out by finding an old e-mail between them that she kept for months. Plus he lives 5 minutes from our house. Should I believe her when she already lied to me?
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2010, 03:16 PM

No. And she is not hiding it very well. I mean Facebook? C'mon. She doesn't seem to care what you find out. So first you show her the Facebook evidence, then you call a lawyer, then you dump her faster than you can say "facebook".
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 12, 2010, 03:30 PM
    This is one of those questions, with the answer being so obvious, that I think you are here to confirm your own conclusion.

What you don't know now, is how long the 'relationship' has been going on. How often they have exchanged similar email, how often and when they have met, how long she has ditched her marriage vows, how long she has been a liar, etc.

So knowing what is going on, and is going on, I agree that your next move should be at least a separation, followed by counselling to see if she is willing to try to regain your trust, and rebuild the marriage, and for you to decide whether it is worth the effort to allow her that privilege.

Anything short of that, you can expect the same behaviour from her. She won't stop, you need to step this up, figure it out, and make some hard decisions.
    Shadowburn Posts: 249, Reputation: 179

Oct 12, 2010, 03:30 PM

Call me when you get here? Mean she's been there.
    She's cheating.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2010, 03:41 PM

I could see some harmless banter and joking around, especially when it is out there for everyone to see, but when it gets to be an exchange of phone numbers, addresses, private e-mail/conversations that still deal with sex and cheating, lying that is hard to believe it could be anything else. And as Shadowburn mentioned, the comment about calling when she gets there?

Time to have a very serious talk with her. If nothing is really going on, she shouldn't have a problem with ending her "friendship" since it should be no big deal to her, just some guy online, while it is red flag to you. She may or may not have cheated physically, but she has in other ways.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 12, 2010, 03:41 PM

So brazen too. I mean she might as well put up a billboard advertising that she is sleeping around. This is one of the nerviest things I have ever heard. I wouldn't take her back if she was the last woman on earth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if my boyfriend is flirting with my friend? [ 8 Answers ]

I can't tell if my boyfriend is just being friendly with my friend or if he is actually flirting. (he is 16 and I'm 15). It has been bugging me because they seem to get along well when we all hang out and they joke around with each other too. He is a really nice guy and is friendly to everyone like...

My boyfriend's best friend is constantly flirting with him. What should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Let me first start by saying I'm not prone to jealousy, my boyfriend is a model and he's constantly surrounded by stunning girls a lot of whom he's very close to. There are only two girls in his life whom I have problems with one is his ex and one is this girl. He's known her for six years, he...

Boyfriend flirting with my friend? [ 2 Answers ]

Well lets see how do I begin my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 years and he has never cheated never done anything along those lines. I have a friend that has been coming over and my boyfriend and her are friends too which is because of me. Well my boyfriend has gave her compliments...

By boyfriend was flirting with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now. My boyfriend, two of my girl friends that he had only mt once, his cousin and I , went to a club the other night. All day before the night, my boyfriend and I were really excited about one another and would not stop kissing and all. Anyway,...

Why does my friend is cutting the conversation short? [ 1 Answers ]

A guy friend and I have been friends for 3 years now. I really like this guy but I am not sure if he knows this or even if he is interested in me or not. This is because we do not see each other frequently and we are not close. Few months ago, I hurt his feelings by saying things that I even did...

View more questions Search