Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyj101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 05:31 AM
    Something missing ?
    Hi,

I am currently in a relationship with a guy of 2 and a half years. I love him dearly but something is missing, we are both still young and I would be distraught if anything would happen to him but the truth is I think I may have fallen out of love with him. He has done some silly things in the past but I have always forgave him, but we are continuously arguing at the moment and he seems to snap at me over nothing. I am not perfect as I am stubborn and can be quite moody but I just want to have fun and enjoy each others company where as he wants to settle down etc. I recently met someone else, in which I hate to admit it but I like him quite a lot. I am not too sure where it is going it was our first date last night and he has yet to have contacted me even though it went really well. I think I miss the sparks and just being silly with each other, he makes me laugh and I haven’t done that in a while. I am only 20 so I am not ready to settle down but I would like a steady relationship where you trust each other. Its becoming harder to tell my boyfriend how I feel as he flies off the handle and threatens to kill himself as he can't live without me so I do feel a bit trapped, but if he did anything to himself id never forgive myself. I always think we should stay together as it would be easier but I constantly feel down and I thrive for something I can look forward to. I’m not after perfection at all which my friends keep saying, it doesn’t exist but I do want to be appreciated for once I don’t know if you can help me with some advice but I thought id give it a go

Best Regards

Jade
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 06:09 AM

I think the proper thing to do would have been to express your feelings to your current boyfriend and go from there. Clearly if you are already going on dates with other guy(s) while being in a relationship, you aren't devoted to making anything work.

You can't be afraid to break up with someone because you know it will hurt them. You are clearly not happy and you deserve to be. He doesn't seem happy and he for sure deserves a girl who doesn't go on dates with other guys while in a relationship with him. You need to come clean with him. His happiness isn't your responsibility. Tell him the truth and get out of this situation. Honestly, I don't think you two have anything to work on and I don't think it is worth fighting for. Someone who goes on a date with another guy has surely given up on their current relationship.

So end it, for his sake, for your sake, and for the sake of other guys whom you may have an interest in.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 08:07 AM

I agree you are young and obviously not ready to settle down. But at 20yrs you should be adult enough to face your boyfriend and tell him that you no longer want a relationship with him. Come on how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot and you still thought the person you loved was out having dates with other women. There are no excuses for cheating and not telling your boyfriend, unless your trying to keep him as an option if the new guy doesn't work out. I am going to hope that you wouldn't lower yourself to that level.
    Talk to your boyfriend, then its time to move on. Even if the new guy doesn't work out, you obviously are ready to see what is out there. Good luck
    Bbeyes7811 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 06:05 PM
    Comment on kctiger's post
    I agree... You need to be honest with your current boyfriend and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Keep missing my period and getting it and then missing again [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period for 2 or 3 months and then it came back in August and now I missed it again in September. I am 17 years old

Missing Something? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I have a 18 month old son and we broke up in June. He was hearing rumors about me cheating with one of his friends. But they were not true. Told him but don't think he believed me. So he ends up seeing some other girl that I end up find out about. So I ended up leaving him and moving to...

I think something is missing [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the problem: An Archer shoots an arrow into a piece of wood. The arrow is traveling at 120 km/h when it strikes the wood. The arrow penetrates 3.8cm into the wood before stopping. What is the average acceleration (in m/s squared) into the wood? I am having trouble with this because...

Missing Her [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, This my first time on this site and it has helped me just by reading the comments that you gave to others. Everyone's situation is a little different so I decided to sign up. Three weeks ago my girlfriend who I lived with for 5 years told me that she needed time and space. We broke...

View more questions Search