Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micheleforever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 04:18 AM
    Can I get custody of my 12yr old sister?
    My sister is 12yrs old and currently living with my step-dad and her nan (step dads mother) this is due to losing our mother she passed away Dec 09, my mum had a serious horse riding accident Aug 08 prior to her accident she had split with my step-dad as he was a very nasty controlling man, example from mine and my eldest sisters view he would make us clean cook work and take our wages off us, he was nasty to our mother following her around shouting abuse calling her names and checking all our mobile phones he conviscated my phone from me when I was 18 and also my mums mobile and she was 46 at the time! Now my little sister is living with him he makes her clean, cook etc she does not even have her own bedroom as where they live is only a 2 bed (its the nans place). My sister is so unhappy she has told me she wants to be with me and my family. I am almost 25 and have 4 children of my own (all very well looked after and happy). Also my step father lets her stay up till gone 2am even on school days, I am so worried about her and her wellbeing. I really need some advice on how to go about getting some kind of contact with my sister if not full custody.. My step father refuses me access (he has never really like me as I speak my mind and tell things how they are) My mum would be so mortified by all this. This man ruined my mum's, mine my eldest sister and now my little sisters life.. Please if anyone can give me some advice id be so grateful.
    Many Thanks
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2010, 07:54 AM

Where are you from? How was custody granted to your ex-step-father?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2010, 08:08 AM

Where is the natural father? Unless the step father adopted the step children he has no rights to them.

I would consult a Family Law attorney to see what the best way to proceed is. But I certainly think there is a good possibility for you to get custody. One possible scenario is to get an order granting you temp guardianship, then go to the child's school and pick her and take her home. But you NEED to make sure you have the law on your side before you take any action.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of sister [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Ashley and I'm trying to get custody of my 16 year old little sister. And doesn't like where she is staying. My sister and I have stuck with each other through thick and thin, but have been separated many times. My sister is the only family I have left and I can't lose her. Is there...

Getting custody of my sister [ 2 Answers ]

My mum has recently lost custody of my little sister age 9. she now lives with her dad, but he is a horrible man, and used to treat me and my brother really bad. I'm nearly 20 year old, and I really want to go for custody of her, what would my chances be of getting her. Please someone can you give...

Custody of little sister [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 5. She is technically my half sister but I don't see her that way. My mom is a drunk and a drug addict. My sisters dad is the same. I live with my father and younger brother right now and my mom and sister live with us when my mom is not out getting drunk. My dad wants to kick my mom...

Custody of my sister [ 1 Answers ]

How can i get full custody of my younger sister from my aunt? Well i'm 19 and she's 14 and well i lived with my aunt when i was younger too, she doesn't treat her right she treats her worse than she treated me! And i need to get her right away! The thing is though that i live with my boyfriend and...

I want my 12yr old sister [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has recently had my sister taken away and put in a foster home. I would like to get her to live with me but I live in a different state. Does anyone know what I would need to do to get her? I live with my boyfriend. We have 4 kids and also his son from another relationship. If anyone could...

View more questions Search