Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dabsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Ceramic Tiles on a Concrete Basement Floor
    I would like to install ceramic tiles in my basement. The floor is concrete. What do I have to do?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 1, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Clean the area to be tiled very well. Use water and a mop. After it dries you can start tiling. Use a dry-set or latex-portland cement mortar (aka-thinset).
    If there are any expansion cracks cut into the concrete do not span these cracks. You will have to have a tile joint match the concrete joint. This does not get grouted but filled in with color match caulking so it can move w/ the concrete.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Ceramic Tile from concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

I am in th process of removing ceramic tile from my back porch. We are having a pool installed and need the slab scraped clean so they can float it install acrylic deck. I was told by the contractor that the surface needed to be as smooth as possible. Removing the tile was not difficult, I...

Help, can I put new ceramic tiles over existing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can I replace old tiles by putting new ones on top is there any thing special I should do to prepare for this , they are in a bathtub area.:o

Removing tiles from concrete [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of tools do I need to remove tiles from concrete slabs?:)

Concrete mix in the basement floor drains [ 1 Answers ]

I found out I have some concrete mix in the basement floor drains, and the basement floor drains clogged twice in the past year. How do I remove these concrete mix from the drains?

Can you paint ceramic tiles? [ 2 Answers ]

I have ceramic tiles between the counter top and where the cabinets start in my kitchen. I think this is called the back wash? I plan on changing the kitchen scheme in the near future, but removing the tile doesn't seem appealing. Are there paints that adhere to these? Even if it was textured...

View more questions Search