Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oclarkski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Movie about a black family living in brooklyn or thhe bronx? HELP
    I cannot think of the name of this movie for the life of me... I watched it in the early 90's and I remember loving it! It is about a poor black family living in a poor neighborhood and the main character is a girl... I think... And I remember that she had to help take care of her younger siblings... there was a part in the movie where she was walking outside and a crackhead tried to get money from her and she stuck up for herself... Its been soooo long since I have seen it but I want to watch it again... Please help!! I think it was a 90's movie that is suppose to be in the 60's or 70's in Brooklyn... If you have any ideas please help me!! Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 08:54 PM

My son thinks it might be Crooklyn (1994) -- From Spike Lee comes this vibrant semi-autobiographical portrait of a school-teacher, her stubborn jazz-musician husband and their five kids living in '70s Brooklyn.

Crooklyn (1994) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a movie from the 70's black family held hostage by convicts? [ 5 Answers ]

Black family held hostage by escape convicts. The dad was a preacher I think. He was beaten with the bible. The family ended up getting the upper hand. It's from the late 70's or early 80's.

15 yr old living with family [ 7 Answers ]

My 15 yr old niece has been staying with my cousin and my cousin's family for a year. A couple of years ago, my sister and her husband divorced (father abandoned the family to live in another state). Last year, my sister moved to another state with her boyfriend. My niece is in a stable home where...

Movie of kids living in mountains alone and picking roots for living [ 1 Answers ]

Father dies and the children don't want anyone to know so they work digging roots to sale and the man that owns their house wants to marry the oldest daughter

Movie Title? Scientist father tries out living underwater with musical family [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie from the 1970s in which a father creates this really cool house/pod with gadgets that an entire family can live in, and then convinces his own family to try it. The teenagers arrive, guitars and all, and befriend a seal. They start to enjoy the place...

When I should tell my family about living on-campus [ 6 Answers ]

Next year I would prefer to live on campus, because where I live is far to school, it takes me 1h 30 min to get there. So it limits my opportunities I can take on campus. I am thinking about taking minor (additional classes) and perhaps join some club, don't worry about weather- in Chicagoland it...

View more questions Search