Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkslarse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
    When do I trim the vapor barrier in my remode of tube/shower
    Hi,

I am adding a shower to an already existing tube in a bathroom. I have removed everything down to the studs around the tube and am ready to put up my 4 mil polyethyline sheeting for a moisture/vapor barrier. I know that I need to put up 1/2 inch cement backer board next (following the vapor barrier). I also know that the vapor sheeting overlaps my tub and will extend out from under the backer board.

My question is: at what point do I trim the vapor barrier and how short or long do I leave it? Thanks
    Shelley
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
    You can cut it flush with the bottom of the backer board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower stall vapor barrier [ 3 Answers ]

I'm building a new tiled shower stall with cement board backer. I've read that a vapor barrier should be placed over the wall studs before the board is installed, because the tile/cement board combination is not waterproof. We have an acrylic shower receptor, the directions for which also...

Intestinal barrier [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for scientific informations about which part of digested molecule classes (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids) passes through the intestinal barrier without being (completely) degraded and would be glad for any hint or/and link.

Moisture barrier under cement board in shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm framing in a new stall shower, have looked at web sites on the subject and most experts suggest putting a moisture barrier under the cement board. I can see why that would be good. One company, which produces a thick (15 mil) membrane for this application, also shows a detail in which a...

View more questions Search