Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgracetri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Shower door and curb
    I have a shower, with a swing out alumax shower door, the sweep feel apart.

The bottom of the shower door enclosure has been leaking. The top of the curb

Is a clay or cement material which is wet. The wall board below the is wet and the tlie has

Fallen off.

What do I replace the clay or cement material with. Once this is done I can put the tile back.

Thank you
    Attached Images

skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 1, 2007, 09:05 PM
    You may be able to repair that with a thinset mortar.
    I have to do just about an identical repair in the next week or 2 and I don't know yet what approach I'll take until I start taking tiles off and seeing how bad the damage actually is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower door [ 3 Answers ]

Just moved into brand new condo and shower door does not close. Builder said it needed adjusting but it seems to get worse as I use it . When I release door it use to open about 1 inch now it opens on its own to about 6 inches. The builder wants to replace a plastic tube like thing at edging of...

Shower door installation [ 4 Answers ]

I built a new bathroom in my basement and am now preparing to install a shower door. The door will be installed over 12x12 ceramic tile on top of cement wonderboard. To install the track to the walls, the instructions say to drill holes through the tiles with a 5/16 mansonry drill bit. My...

Frameless shower door [ 3 Answers ]

Just got a frameless shower door. Water leaks out by dripping down 1 inch space between vertical edge of door (where clip hinges are) and tile wall. Water falls down wall and then leaks out onto bathroom floor. Someone said caulk the space from ground up to first clip. Any suggestions? JB

View more questions Search