Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 09:59 AM
    Test for water pump
    Is there a way to test if a water pump needs replacing? I replaced my radiator, thermostat and hoses and my car still overheats after about 10 minutes of driving. 2000 BMW 5281.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2010, 10:14 AM

Squeeze the top radiator hose, while the engine is running. Do you feel water surging in the hose? Be sure to properly purge all air from your system. The link below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a condenser centrifugal pump suit t work asa chilled water pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have 3 cenreifugal pump which are used for the condenser cooling water recirculation, may I could use it as a chilled water pumps and get another smaller pumps for cooling water recirculation, thank u in advance.

Water main off, water heater vacation, leave recirc pump on winter? [ 3 Answers ]

Leaving Las Vegas house for 10 days in January - basically want to insure no pipe freeze (many in outside walls) without draining entire house. The house will remain heated to ~55Your Question Title: Please enter your question title with only 85 characters long. Describe Your Question ...

95 Honda Civic fuel pump test [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My honda will not start, But will turn over fine. The check engine light flickers repeatedly. But the car will not start. I think it may be something to do with the fuel system. How do I trouble shoot this to find the problem? Can I, and how do I test the fuel pump, relays, and...

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? On other models there is a way to short the pump at the relay and you can tell if the fuel pump is working or not. Is there a way to do this on the 1992 honda accord lx?

View more questions Search