Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ClassyG Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 09:16 AM
    I have ordered my retina A and HQ4.. Should I do a lactic acid peel first?
    Thanks to the wonderful information I received from this site I have ordered the products I need to begin my journey. But I have read that it is a good idea to do a peel first so the body is more receptive to the retina and HQ.. What peel should I use at wjat percent and where can I get if from? I am leaning towards a lactic peel.. probably 40%. Is this a good idea?

Thanks!
    skinisin1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Oct 11, 2010, 01:21 PM
    Try lotion crafters they have lactic acid at 88% which you can dilute to any strength you desire.

Oct 11, 2010, 05:46 PM
    Thanks Skinisin.. how would I dilute it and with what?

Oct 11, 2010, 05:49 PM
    Comment on skinisin1's post
    Thank you Skinisin.. How do I dilute the lactic acid and what do I use to dilute it? Do I wear gloves? I'm a little nervous:S
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Oct 15, 2010, 08:22 AM

Definitely NO. your skin will burn if you use them all. If you are going to use a peel, wait a week before using retin a
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 15, 2010, 08:25 AM
    You dilute the quantity you want to use with distilled water. There is a formula to work out exactly how to get the correct percentage, but as a rough guide, equal parts of acid to water would halve the concentration. So for example if you had 80% lactic acid and used equal parts of distilled water, then you would have approximately a 40% solution. Use a clean glass or bowl to make your diluted solution.

Don't forget to peform a patch test at least 24 - 48 hours prior to the application to see how your skin reacts to the acid. Try on a small area like under your chin, if you want to use the acid on your face OR on your inner wrist or inner elbow, if you are planning on a body application. Follow the instructions carefully and time yourself. First applications should mean the acid is only on your skin for a couple of minutes OR shorter than this, if you experience intense stinging. Make sure to have your neutralising solution on hand to remove and stop the acid from working. You can build up the time you leave the acid on as your skin gets used to it. You should wait at least a week before doing further peels. And no acidic products or RA products to be used at least 3 days before and after the peels. Best of luck with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Glycolic or lactic peel what's the best? [ 18 Answers ]

HELLO! So I never did a peel before and I tried retin a with so much success I was so happy.But now I would like to try glycolic or lactic peel and I'm a little scared. So could you advise me:which one should I choose?30%,60%.. and your experience with it... thanks a lot:rolleyes:

View more questions Search