Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsf252 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 06:29 AM
    Voltage at Defrost Board
    Hello, my A/C and Heat are working correctly after I replaced a faulty defrost board. However I noticed that when I test voltage on all the wires coming from the air handler (yellow, red, green, etc.. ) at the defrost board, I'm only reading ~5.3V. The defrost board says "24V AC". I can test voltage at the air handler and again I get the 5.3V. I looked on the transformer and it even says "24V AC". I'm no electrician but I'm trying to understand this. Is the 24V split up among all the wires? Why do I only read 5.3V?

Again, everything is working correctly (for now). The A/C worked flawlessly all summer after I replaced the defrost board. I have late 90's Intertherm heat pump system.

Just curious as to how this works.

Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag adaptive defrost control board [ 0 Answers ]

I need to find out where I can find the location of the adaptive defrost control board for my Maytag side by side refrigerator

Replace a defrost board in old Goodman unit [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a defrost board in a 16 year old air conditioner and do I have to buy a defrost board made by Goodman?

Need to know placement of defrost control board for MAYTAG MSD2757AEA [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the placement of the Defrost control board on a MAYTAG PLUS MSD2757AEA, NEEDS TO BE REPLACE. THANK YOU MUCHhttps://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Faulty defrost controller board? [ 3 Answers ]

I have as split-unit heat pump. When I got home the other day, it was 90 degrees! The air coming out of the vents was warm. However, neither the outside fan nor the compressor were running. A technician told me that the controller board was faulty but he would not be able to replace the board until...

Defrost control board [ 1 Answers ]

Last winter the heat wasn’t keeping up with the set temp, the outside fan came on, but the compressor would not start, you could hear it trying to start but it wouldn’t come on. The tech said the compressor was short cycling, and it was now "locked up", they put in a new compressor (part was cov’d...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.