Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmanwazo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 04:06 AM
    Drain is gurgling in lower level of split level
    Spent 14 hours removing toilet to run power auger into drain. No luck went about 35 ft. then the cable in the drum decided to twist on itself. When other water is drained it comes up through the hole in the floor(figure this is path of least resistance). Is it my vent from the roof or do I need to find the cleanout? In a split-level where is the best place to look for a cleanout?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 11, 2010, 06:38 AM

The "gurgle" indicates and clogged vent. The sound you hear is the system attempting to vent through a fixture trap. To clear this snake from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough snake to reach the base and 20 feet more.
    when other water is drained it comes up through the hole in the floor
    I assume "the hole in the floor" is a floor dain.
    This tells me that you have two problems that must be snaked.
    You also have a blockage downstream from the floor drain. (The two aren't related.)
    If you have a clean out tee on your stack you can snake from there otherwise you may snake fron the floor drain. Remove the strainer and if you see a 1 1/2
    Plug then tat's the floor drain clean out. Otherwise you must snake through the trap. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to lower creatitine level in blood its 8.0 [ 2 Answers ]

Creatitine level has increased so much much it reached up to 8.0 please any one can suggest me something.. plzz something effective

Split level heat circulation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a split level house with a wood stove in the basement,I've tried a fan and a celing fan but the heat seems to stop at the top of stairs.I don't want to put a vent in the floor if I don't have to need some ideas.

Wiring in lower level walls do or don't [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Part 3 of my lower level building inspections is electrical which the inspector is coming in tomorrow. To bring you up to speed I finished off my lower level without permits, now selling property and new buyer wants everything up to date. I now have permits and bringing in inspectors so...

After bath, drain clogged and leak into lower level [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I just bought my first house and of course the inevitable problems are arising. We have a 1947 duplex home that has been totally redone around 2002. I took a bath for the first time the other night and had two surprises when I finished. The tub drained super super slow and then I went...

Making lower level developer? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that you can make a lower level developer by mixing a developer (say 40 volume) with an equal amt of distilled water (which would then make 20 volume)... is this correct? I'm afraid to try, my hair's been through enough experiments already!:confused:

View more questions Search