Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saragem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2010, 01:38 AM
    My three year old won't talk
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2010, 05:33 AM

Is your three year old in day care ? Does he/she have the opportunity to play with other children.Could be hearing should be checked. If a child can't hear the spoken word, then it isn't easy for them to learn speech. But then again, some children grow at their own pace.

Once children start to play with other children, their speech blossoms because they have to respond in kind. They actually teach each other the spoken word, with a little help from home. Have you been teaching him/her basic words ?

I know lots of questions saragem, but you haven't given us much to go on here. If you do give us some background, then maybe we can make good suggestions.\

Tick
    kingjulianparty Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2010, 05:09 PM

Like tickle said before, there could be a lot of different things. Have you been taking your 3 yr old for their regular check ups? There is a difference between can't and just not wanting to. Sometimes if there is an older sibling a child will feel like there is no need for them to talk because the sibling will do it for them. Because you haven't really went into detail with how much your child is willing to speak, I can not give you any direct answer but I suggest if you really think there is a problem to talk to your child's pediatrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 23 year old daughter won't talk to me [ 18 Answers ]

My 23 year old daughter has a habit of falling in love early on in her relationships, moving in with them and then finding out who they really are and then moving out. She has done this several times since she was 17. I know she has "daddy" issues and her step father and I have tried to counsel her...

Kid who won't talk for himself but will copy how other people talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I saw this movie years ago, on HBO, I never caught the name of the movie, and then the power went out, I never saw it again.. The movie was about this boy who was wouldn't talk or he couldn't talk. He could however copy peoples voices, and talk like them, exactley like them.. does anyone...

My friends 4 year old daughter won't talk or potty train [ 10 Answers ]

My friend has a daughter who is 4 and won't talk she use to speak out words mom, dad, cat.. But now she don't say anything if she wants something she will come get you and show you what she want's. If you choose the wrong thing she lets out a scream. She is still in diapers as well won't use the...

He won't talk to me. [ 9 Answers ]

We've been datin for months, everything used to be great, now the new has worn off, and a lot has changed, he's not affectionate, and I've tried to talk to him about everything that I feel is wrong, and he acts like he wants to laugh about it and says I'm over thinking things, we live together, and...

He won't talk [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 2 1/2 years old and I'm having trouble getting him to talk. He is trying to. You can understand what he is trying to say but the words aren't coming out clear. Its mostly still baby babble. You can tell theat he understands what you say to him. He says very few words clearly. I am...

View more questions Search