Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sh2973 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 07:56 AM
    I'm 37 years old and I can't drive up till now
    I tried 2 times before to learn driving at driving schools. I feel some improvement at first and so I feel worse and worse. I think my problem is that I'm v afraid when I am on a high speed ( I mean more than 40 kph) to make an accident.
    Maybe, I ve a physical problem that I can t ve a mental muscle synchronization (frogive me if I use the wrong word. But I hope you get it), in other words, I mean I can't take the needed immediate reaction when I'm driving when I should stop or decrease speed or dodge any thing.
    I used to learn with manual cars and I found it s v hard to make gear box transitions according to the speed.
    Now, it s a problem for me that I can't drive I ve a family and go to work everyday by public transportation.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 10:07 AM

Driving is a learned skill. No-one is born being able to drive. Get proper lessons from a qualified teacher, and spend a lot of time practicing on safe areas where there is no other traffic or pedestrians etc.

And don't obsess about it. Remember, in a city, it's very unlikely you will ever go over 40kpm anyway.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2010, 07:11 AM

Eileen G gave you some great advice.

Driving anxiety is more common than you think. In some of the big cities they even have driving education teachers who's specialty is driving anxiety/phobias.

If all else fails, you might consider talking to a counselor to get to the bottom of your fear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in F1 opt till feb 15, I have applied for F2, can I stay more leggaly till decis [ 1 Answers ]

I am in F1 status on my opt till feb 15 and I have applied for f2 through my wife, the problem is changing status from f1 to f2 is taking time so am I be legally staying in US till my decission is made of F2

Husband of 5 years--low sex drive [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5 years, I am 25 and he is 30. When we first started dating we would have sex all the time, but just before we got married, his sex drive plumetted and it's been low ever since. We have a great relationship and communication. We've talked about it to death,...

Removing paint from a painted drive way. The house is about 13 years old. [ 2 Answers ]

Our driveway is painted. The paint is peeling and ugly. I have tried power washers without any success. Can anyone recommend a product to remove the paint and stain from the concrete?

Parents liable for child till the age of 21 years old [ 4 Answers ]

What state in america is the parents liable for a minor till the age of 21 years old?

How old till they can choose? [ 5 Answers ]

How old does a teen have to be till they can choose where they live? My daughter is 14 and she is very unhappy where she is at. She wants to come and live with me. If her dad decides not to let her come and live with me what can I do leagally? We have joint custody and they live with him.

View more questions Search