Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Oct 10, 2010, 07:40 AM
    The only London under-ground station with all the vowels in it
    My mum is very irritated by the fact she heard somebody on the radio say "the only london under-ground station with all the vowels in it is..." and then the radio lost signal and she missed it. Ever since then she has been trying to work it out and it's driving me mad! So I guess what I am trying to ask is: Can anyone tell me what the only london underground station with all the vowels in it is? Thank you
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 10:14 AM

List of London Underground stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check it out for yourself.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2010, 10:38 AM

There is one station which has all the vowels, Northfields & Little Ealing but it was demolished in 1932
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    There is one station which has all the vowels, Northfields & Little Ealing but it was demolished in 1932
    This doesn't have a "U" though. So, it's missing a vowel.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Oct 10, 2010, 10:56 AM

I found it, it was Mansion House and also Cutty Sark for Martime Greenwich.
    Thank you all!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a receptacle ground be attached to white nuetral terminal for ground? [ 1 Answers ]

I have older house. The receptacle showed "open ground." I connected a wire from the green ground terminal to the nuetral terminal, and the meter read "correct." I left it that way because everything worked. Is it safe?

Correct method to RUN copper ground wire to ground a 200 amp electrical circuit box? [ 0 Answers ]

Is a 3-wire copper ground or a solid copper wire required to ground a 200 amp electrical box? Is this wireing correct: A 3-wire copper ground wire in a conduit run from the electrical panel to the copper rod in the ground then to the cold water; AND THEN IN THE GARAGE the naked 3-wire...

Nec-covering of ground wire from the ground rod to the water pipecables [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new service meter panel and ground rod. The ground rod is connected to the meter panel via a #4 copper wire to a water pipe located 10 feet away. Is is allowable to bury the #4 wire between the ground rod and water pipe to keep it from being a trip hazard and protect the wire? ...

Do you install a 120v 15 or 20 amp receptacle ground up or ground down? [ 15 Answers ]

Does the code have any stipulations on ground up or ground down? If so Prove it. An I am not talking about local ordinances nor the authority having jurisdiction. Simply the NEC.

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

View more questions Search