Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    priyantha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 07:20 PM
    How does 4 pole RCD operates in a unbalanced three phase system without neutral
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2010, 04:33 AM
    The sensing coil will still monitor for any earth leakage and trip if any is seen over tolerance.

Need to check with the manufacturer or your RCD, as many need either a neutral or earth ground on the 4th pole for the test button to operate properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do single pole breakers hook black to breaker and neutral & grd to bonded neutral bar [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Eaton Cutler-Hammer meter/breaker box. (MB816B200BTS-FLCH) I want to run a 20 amp circuit (underground wire) from this box through existing underground conduit to a receptacle for a dishwasher. This run would be app. 15' to 20' and from my main house panel it would be 40' to 50'. All...

Service panel is 120 two pole when I check phase to phase I don't get 240 [ 1 Answers ]

Service panel is 120 two pole when I check phase to phase I don't get 240

Voltage variation in unbalanced three phase loads. [ 1 Answers ]

Too long since I studied this in school, so I need some help. I do sound and for regional concerts/corporate events. We normally tie in to house power or a generator with 4o or 2o cable with cam lock connectors. Very common in our industry. These feed a three phase power distro (Motion Labs)...

Shared neutral on single phase. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wiring my kitchen recess light and wonder about the neutral wire... Here is the display : 1 single breaker 15A, 2 wires roomex, getting to my double gang switches receptacle and then, from each switches, 3 wires roomex with a share neutral to the ceiling junction box were I split to 4,...

Three phase shared neutral [ 1 Answers ]

If at the intake position from the utility company it is three phase, and the load is, say 50amps per phase. Would the return shared neutral take that full load of 150 amps? Or is there a reason why it would be lower because shared neutral conductor size is always the same as phase conductors. ...

View more questions Search