Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaitu14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Can hindu girl marry a christian catholic boy?
    I am a Hindu girl and I love a Christian catholic boy. I want to marry him but before that I want to know is there something written regarding not to marry non-Christian in bible? Can I marry him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 06:15 PM

Please write in complete sentences with words spelled out. This site does not allow chat-speak.

What does the girl's parents say? What does the boy's parents say?

It is not unbiblical for a Christian to marry someone who is not Christian.
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Oct 9, 2010, 07:28 PM
    I sincerely admire your respect for your Catholic boyfriend's faith. The fact that you even asked this question shows you care deeply for him. That's all I have to say. I feel happy after having read your question. Good night!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 07:37 PM

Yes you can.
    bad_decision Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Marriage without converting is very much possible. I am a very well educated hindu(Brahmin) girl married to a very intelligent and educated Catholic guy. I had to convince my parents. It took a very long time (5 years) for me to convince them. I did all this because I knew that he is the one who understands me, who loves me. But unfortunately after marriage I came to know that I was completely wrong. Every girl in love feels that her boyfriend is not like other guys who are bad. Love is really blind. Always listen to your parents. I want a divorce but I am afraid. After so much struggle we got married and now how can I face the world ? My life has become a mess. I don't want any other girl to go through this situation. Adjusting with a person of different religion is very very difficult. Before marriage we can not see that but after marriage it becomes just impossible and girl is left with only 2 choices -- suffer/divorce.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 11:15 AM

Yes you can, while the bible does warn against being unequally yoked, the Catholic Church does allow a member to marry a non Catholic and a non Christian.

And marriage is not bad because of difference in religious views if you understand those differences. You both need to study the religion of the other. The fact you do not know about if this is allowed shows you have not studied his faith well at all.

And as noted, if you live in a society where status in life and where parent OK is needed, what does your parents say
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 11:35 AM

bad_decision, thank you for replying to this thread. I hope chaitu comes back (she hasn't been back since she posted the question in October) and sees what you have written.

If you would like to tell your story in more depth and get advice on how to deal with your personal issues, please begin a new thread. We will do what we can to help you see if there are more choices than suffer/divorce.

Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am Hindu Punjabi girl getting married to Christian boy. [ 3 Answers ]

What all ceremonies should we include in our wedding... we are planning for church wedding and reception after that... as per hindu wedding we have function know as "Sagan" i.e. Ring exchange... can we do same in christian... I will appreciate if any one can guide me regarding christian wedding......

I am a hindhu girl can I marry a christian boy without getting converted? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a hindhu girl can I marry a christian boy without getting converted?

I am hindu boy , I need to marry a christian girl [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy I need to marry a christian girl, we both live in kerala. Can we register marry in tamilnadu? Is it possible to marry secretly now?

I am a hindu boy I wish to marry a muslim girl whom I love everymuch? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu boy from a different state and she is a girl from different state als.ooo... but we are in deep love.. I need to marry her,, I need some sugestion what can I do ti get her... and what all things I will face after marriage...

Can a Hindu girl marry a Christian without getting converted in a church? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I know that this is going to be a little long question. But I want get all my doubts clarified ASAP. Plzzzzzz help! I am a Hindu girl and I'm planning to marry a christian guy. After years of struggle, we have finally convinced our parents and they are now ready to c us married. The main...

View more questions Search