Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HR0818 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 04:21 PM
    After receiving a court judgement, no money to pay??
    When a person gets a court judgement to pay some debt ($$$) to a financial institute (in this case collection agency), and doesn't have any asset (no house, nothing valuable) to be seized and doesn't have a wage to be garnished, what does the other party do? Just sit and wait? Or harrass everyday? Or what? This is in NC and the original loan was for a vehicle loan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2010, 04:37 PM

They sit and wait. But they can wait almost indefinitely
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 05:06 PM

Yes, they have all the time in the world, to wait till you get a job, have money in the bank and so on
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Oct 9, 2010, 05:14 PM

Yes and they will wait and wait until you think they have "forgot"and then out of the blue your wages will be garnished and your bank account levied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I put a lien on social security money of my tenant who has a judgement to pay [ 3 Answers ]

I evicted my tenants for non payment of rents. A judgement was issued in my favor to pay the remaining rent. The tenant is now absconding, but has a social security account. How can I put a lien on it

If I am being sued but I don't have no money to pay how would the outcome in court be [ 2 Answers ]

If I am being sued but I don't have no money to pay how would the outcome in court be

IN Mississippi can the court garnish a social sercurty check to pay a judgement? [ 1 Answers ]

In Mississippi can the court garnish a social security check to pay a judgement?

Who to pay on a court judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have very good credit and I have 2 judgements on my credit report, I was wondering if I could find out how to go about paying those judgements off. Who do I pay? Bonnie :confused:

Receiving money? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I received checks for my pension plan from a place of previous employment. I was confused because I was not there long enough to be fully vested, so I called the mutual company and they said that in their contract it said nothing about being vested and that the money was mine. I even...

View more questions Search