Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillygreg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Insurance Company fired pregnant worker for missing days, but those days were allowed
    Is it legal for the same employer to keep an employee that has been terminated on their payroll, in order to refrain from paying out unemployment benefits?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 12:48 PM

If a person is still on the payroll they are not terminated. If they are still on payroll they are still an employee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant, 44 days late on period sex 2 days after last period [ 2 Answers ]

Last period was 14-19 August, I had sex 2 days after it on 21st then again on 10th 22nd and 24th of September, I've not had my period since it has been 39 days and still no period, I was sick 24th September while brushing my teeth in morning, my nipples are a little darker than usual but not soar,...

Change in salary paydate two days before due payment is this allowed? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I current get paid on 14th of each month, so my next payment is due on Monday however my employer sent an email today advising the staff would not be paid on Monday but would be paid at the end of the month instead. Are they legally allowed to do this with no notice to the employees? ...

Salaried and deducted for missing half days [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee in Iowa. I was deducted one full days pay to compensate for missing two half days of work in a week. Is this legal or should I be paid in full for working half of each of these days? Can my employer deduct pay from my check per hour missed, even though I'm not an hourly...

View more questions Search