Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2010, 11:19 AM
    How can I grow my CURLY hair long and healthy?
    Hello. I'm a 20 year old women and I have naturally, very curly hair. But. It is currently only about 3 inches longer then shoulder length. I would love to grow it at least 5 inches longer. But I still want it to be healthy and soft and shiny like it is now.

I do not iron, straighten, curl, dye, bleach, or use any sprays or gels in my hair ever. I have completely virgin hair and would love to keep it looking nice and healthy and soft. I get my hair cut once a month. But, I know growing curly hair long is a bit harder to grow then straight hair. I don't want my hair to grow and then have the curls be frizzy or fried or nappy and dry looking.

Is there any way I can grow my hair out and have it still be healthy? I wash my hair every other day(shampoo and occasionally condition, if I condition too much my hair get's sticky).

Any idea's would be great. Especially if you know a way to make it grow out faster then normal and still keep it healthy. Thank you to everyone who answers. (:
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Oct 9, 2010, 11:44 AM

You should look into product like Moroccan Argon Tree Oil. I got some from the IBS which has the best hair care products professionaly, and I use it. I think it makes hair smoother, softer, and healthier, but I'm not sure if it depends on hair type, because I have naturally fine pin straight hair.
    There really is no way to make hair grow faster to be honest, or at least probably no healthy way. Usually hair gets trimmed if you have dead ends, and there are ways to prevent that. By not causing damage to the hair: chemicals, heat, even brushing too much or brushing with the wrong brush. I don't think it's true though that curly hair is harder to grow than straight. It can be different for each person's hair how long it takes them to grow it. I have hair past my shoulders for example, and if I cut it all off, it would take a bit over 2 years to grow back. You should just take very good care of your hair, care for it specific to your hair type I think, and don't use damaging tools or products. This is just from my experience and my father's [he's very knowledgeable with hair care and was a hairdresser for over 20 years].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get really long healthy hair? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get long health and shiny hair in just a few days?

After years of dying my hair I'm finding it hard to grow and I've always had long hair h [ 3 Answers ]

After years of dying my hair, it just doesn't grow as fast as it used to, I've been trying to grow out layers for about a year and its taking along time. I just want my hair long all the one length . Does anyone know of any product that would enhance hair growth? Cheers nutleg xx

How do you cut face framing layers for long, curly/wavy hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Im going to be cutting my friends hair, and she asked for face framing. I used to know how to do this, but for the life of myself can't seem to remember. If anyone knows please give me some tips on face framing, and how to do it. THANKS:confused:

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search