Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgbc43 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 07:18 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    He's already in Seattle living inside the base.but has not signed in yet till nov. I haven't served any papers yet. He is in vegas and he pawned my laptop because he said so on his email to me. I have not contact his commanding officer in Alaska.

Oct 15, 2010, 07:21 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    Something about the dates not matching... he contacted a lawyer on the internet to fix the thing. And I don't know what the outcome of that is. Since he is the one contacting the lawyer.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 15, 2010, 07:26 PM

Errors can be fixed on the document.

Human errors do not necessarily invalidate the marriage. Lying about a truth might be a fraudulent statement may be cause, but you would need a lawyer to protect you and your rights.

Please talk to a lawyer it's what 5:00PM in Alaska now. See if the base Chaplin's office can refer you to one now. Your husband is flat out lying to you.

Oct 15, 2010, 07:34 PM
    Comment on donf's post
    I live so far away with no money... I think he is getting away with this easily. He did this to his 2nd wife when he was stationed in Korea. Thank you..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2010, 07:05 AM

He did "this?" What is "this?" He will eventually sign in, you will eventually get direct payment. If not, you will HAVE to hire an Attorney.

There is no easy way around your problem.

Oct 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    He left the 2nd wife like he did me now... he was also reported to the commanding post but I don't know how he got away with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2010, 08:39 AM

Sounds like he's a man who takes advantage of women. He should be stopped, of course, but I don't know how to do that. I'm not sure you can.

And I'm sure after you he will find another woman and take advantage of her - sad but that's how people like him operate.

Oct 16, 2010, 09:12 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    I know... and to think he's in the military and a mason too... thank you JudyKay.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 09:24 AM

CGBC,

What is the status of your situation now, please?

By the way, if the Army has recognized the marriage and issued a dependants card to you, then his carrer is screwed if he is brought up on abandonment charges.

Did you get an attorney yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you claim a dependent even if the dependent files [ 2 Answers ]

My son is twenty seven. He lived with us from Nov. 08 to July 09. He didn't have a job during those months. He found a job in Aug. 09 and worked until Dec.09. He got laid off. Will we be able to claim him as a dependent even if he files??

Military Mom's Custody Rights [ 4 Answers ]

Divorced military Mom has primary physical custody of son (3 years old) in the state of Iowa. Dad does have visitation. She is deploying in December and would like her son to live with her parents rather than his bio dad (she has concerns). Can she make this decision or does she have to go back...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search