Oct 9, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Replaced breaker has power but no power in huose what do I do
    martinezart8 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 04:47 AM
    How do I check if gfi is working
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 04:55 AM
    No need to post 3 separate threads for one question.

Without a voltage meter to test and measure the circuit breaker your only guessing as to what the problem is.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2010, 11:55 AM

If a GFI has power, it should trip and reset.
    Without a meter, I would go to the panel and run finger down each row of breakers lightly, it may expose the tripped breaker.
    Worse case turn each one off and back on, Wait a munute before switching refrigerator or refrigeration(AC) back on.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 9, 2010, 12:55 PM

I'm confused about your question, it does not explain what you did.

You changed a breaker and now your whole home is without power, is that correct?

Did you switch the Main Service Breaker off before changing the
    Breaker? In other words, did you replace the breaker while the panel was live?

If so, you may have created a short in the panel and it resulted in the entire panel being shut down.

First, at the main service panel breaker, switch it all the way off and then back on. Did that reset your panel?

Why did you replace the breaker?

Where is the GFCI device, is it a GFCI breaker or is it a GFCI receptacle?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can hook up a 110v gfi breaker of one leg ogf a 220v 50 gfi [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 50 amp 220 v gfi hooked up to my hot tub, I ran a 110 v 10 amp gfi off one leg for the underwater light just for extra safety, is this safe to do? I have heard on TV that you can not run 1 gfi off another. Or is this just pertaining ti wall outlets?

How does a 2 pole gfi breaker work [ 18 Answers ]

I have a hot tub requiring a 240v circuit but it has a factory 3 wire plug on it. I put in a 2 pole gfi breaker and ran a 10-3 to the tub. Problem is there isn't any where for the neutral on a 3 wire 240v receptacle. It's my understanding that you must have a neutral for the gfi to operate properly...

Bathroom GFI outlet trips breaker at breaker panel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Our house is approximately 13 years old. Each morning when both the iron and blow dryer is plugged into two separate GFI outlets in the master bathroom, the circuit will trip the 15 amp breaker in the breaker panel. Is it possible to upgrade the breaker to a 20 amp without...

Outlets on my GFI don't work but GFI is working [ 7 Answers ]

I have one plug in the garage and one out door plug that are not working. I have reset my GFI plug and the GFI plug is working however the other two plugs are still not working. Should I replace both plugs or is there something else going on? The GFI outlet itself has power. The test and reset...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

View more questions Search