Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpippins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 11:21 PM
    Selling website on internet
    To make some money selling websites what do you have to do?
    What is a good campaign.
    What kind if websites are people looking for.
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Dec 31, 2006, 11:24 PM
    First you can Google its and search for people trying to buy.

But first? Do you have templets do you have a demo? Do you have anything that you can showoff your skills making websites?

Second they want someone with a degree

This might help WebSiteBroker - Websites For Sale. Buy and sell websites and domain names!
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Website businesses are largely by word-of-mouth. The marketing would be too expensive to make a presence with just money, so you need to have a few smaller clients first before you can truly make any real money. The best way is to start with local companies before moving onto the internet.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Definitely stick with local small businesses to start with. Look too, for ones with crappy sites that you can offer improvements on.

Don't worry about what they want; they've got nothing... or a bad site. Do your homework about them first, so you can go in there and tell them what they need - and include the price.

Don't go the "tell me what you need and I'll work up pricing" angle. You want the deal to be in their lap, not yours.

Get some business cards and put some vinyl advertising on the back window of your vehicle (if the vehicle is in good condition ;) )

Of course you won't get rich quick, but if you enjoy making websites, you can certainly make money doing them.

... just a little rambling/1.5 cents worth...
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
    A little tidbit of information - as someone who has worked on sites before, the casual (largely hobby) website designer makes largely pocket money, around 1000 a month if he's good and has connections. If you're serious about it, then I suggest you make a couple portfolios and start pumping applications to companies hoping to be able to be a full time member of their website.

Also, knowing how to work with networks is a virtual must have for any successful web designer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Internet advertising and selling [ 4 Answers ]

How do I advertise a product on the internet and sell it?

Selling over the Internet [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone describe some of the current technologies, issues and challenges that could arise with selling over the internet. :eek:

Internet advertising and selling [ 3 Answers ]

Internet advertising and selling [ 2 Answers ]

Internet selling [ 1 Answers ]

View more questions Search