Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildbill53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 06:29 PM
    What makes a woman be totally against her son, no matter how hard he tries?
    I am 57 years old and my mother and I are not speaking now for about 4 years. She is 82 and very active for her age. She has always favored my brother and made an obvious difference for the love she has for him. She's always called me by my father's name and said I act just like him. They are divorced and have been for most of my life. She divorced me several times in my life and I was always the one to make up. I've tried to win her love all of my life and I have surrendered and given up 4 years ago. She has never tried to call or made any attempt to fix our relationship.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2010, 06:58 PM

Are you expecting that selfless, maternal welcoming from her? Some women are born totally without it. They are not "mothers," just other human beings.

She says that you remind her of your dad. She divorced him a long time ago and probably has no warm feelings toward him at all. Your very presence is a reminder of that mistake.

Her problem is that she is human. Your problem is expectation.
    wildbill53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 07:45 PM
    WHAT? You seem to be clueless of what I tried to say. She once said, when I was around 6 that she wished I was never born. She allowed me to go for 3 years with a damaged knee and refused medical attention when I was a teenager. She has broken up 3 of my marriages and paid their court fees. She has lied to others about things I've done, that are not true. When people brag about me for any reason at all, she tells them how terrible I was and you really don't know him. For over 30 years I've been nothing but a good son and as long as I kissed her behind, it was okay. But 1 wrong move that displeased her, she came back with vengeance. She might be human, but she is not a normal mother, that's for sure.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 08:45 PM

Nice vent, and I suspect that's what you need, because I doubt she changes, or gets better, and it's a darn shame you had to go through this BS.

Now let it go, and be happy with the life you have built for yourself, without her.

Sorry for your pain.
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Oct 9, 2010, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill53 View Post
    WHAT? You seem to be clueless of what I tried to say. She once said, when I was around 6 that she wished I was never born. She allowed me to go for 3 years with a damaged knee and refused medical attention when I was a teenager. She has broken up 3 of my marriages and paid their court fees. She has lied to others about things I've done, that are not true. When people brag about me for any reason at all, she tells them how terrible I was and you really don't know him. For over 30 years I've been nothing but a good son and as long as I kissed her behind, it was okay. But 1 wrong move that displeased her, she came back with vengeance. She might be human, but she is not a normal mother, that's for sure.

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.

Totally agree: She's too old to change.

She is who she is. You know what she is like. You can't change her. It is up to you to either say enough is enough or keep in contact with her and dramas.

My mother and my sister have always been drama queens. I have spoken to neither of them for 15 years+. I don't miss them or the drama. I am happy without them.

My mother died about five years ago from cancer. I still don't miss her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I wrong to feel that no man should ever hit or hurt a woman no matter what? [ 5 Answers ]

This subject is felt many different ways I was a recovering alcoholic / addict almost 4 years ago. I am a daughter of a enabling mother that is a functional alcoholic and her sorry excuse of a man drunk boyfriend whom lives in her house and an alcoholic father that managed to achieve some great...

Movie about woman that outsmarts a few men makes off with lots of money [ 2 Answers ]

This is a movie sort of like the last seduction where this woman oursmarts these men for their money leaves a trail of bodies lots of twists and turns and I really remember the end mostly where she gets away with the money and wakes up in a house and she is pregnant and I think one of the huys...

What makes a woman sexy? [ 3 Answers ]

What makes a woman sexy?;)

Totally lost of what to do with son 16 [ 7 Answers ]

HI This is my first post, apart from my introduction, so here goes, ith a bit of back ground history. My ex husband and I divorced 13 years ago and our son, aged 6 at the time decided he wanted to live with his dad, after much soul searching I let him go,(son was diagnosed being of high iq at...

3 year old son totally out of control [ 2 Answers ]

I am a stay at home mom with a big problem. I have two grown children that I never had this problem with. My three year old is out of control, and I have tried everything. He will not listen to me. He runs away from me in public places. More than once he has gotten away from me and gone into a...

View more questions Search