Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baba12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 12:46 PM
    Is it a good idea to use a lawnmower engine on a go kart.
    Is it a good idea to use a lawnmower engine on a go kart.I am building a home made go kart
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 8, 2011, 02:36 PM
    I have seen it done with a four-cycle Briggs & Stratton type motor. Though, in my opinion you would need to make sure your throttle control works well enough to give you the power output you will need. And the clutch mechanism should also be well thought-out. The one I saw, years ago, had a pulley and belt drive type of clutch mechanism. And it seemed to work well enough because I had a huge headache after bouncing around in it on somewhat rough terrain for about one hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

How can I make a go kart from a snapper rear engine riding tractor? [ 0 Answers ]

The tractor still has the clutch and rear end/ transmission still attached. I am using a Horizontal shaft engine. Should I use chain or v-belt? Then how do I hook this all up And make it work? What partsdo I need, an what modification do I need to make?

Where can I find a cheap go kart engine? [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know where I can find a cheap go kart engine near Miami? I've tried Northern but that's pretty much it. If there is anyone that sells old ones or someplace I can get an old used one for cheap.

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search