Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debi614 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 11:36 AM
    How to find a missing file in avg update?
    I have avg9.0 and I have updated the anti virus now it says I have a missing file in bin what do I do now need answer
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Oct 9, 2010, 02:23 PM
    If you receive error messages "Invalid update control CTF file" or "A .bin file is missing" during AVG update, please try to delete temporary files used during update. Please follow these steps to delete them:

* Run the AVG user interface (double-click the AVG 8.5 icon on your desktop).
    * Open the Tools -> Advanced Settings... menu.
    * Navigate to the Manage option in the Update branch.
    * Press the Delete temporary update files button.
    * Try to update AVG.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AVG antivirus .bin file missing [ 27 Answers ]

I have AVG free v.8.0.138 (running Vista on wireless laptop) and all of the sudden is telling me that a .bin file is missing. I tried updating but it gives me an unspecified error and tells me *update failed*. Any ideas?

AVG antivirus free edition - A .bin file is missing [ 2 Answers ]

When I am updating AVG antivirus free edition in my system it shows a error every time : " A .bin file is missing ".. what is this meant for.. can anyone help me

How to update AVG antivirus Update to computer,which is not connect with internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Computer (No.A) is connected with internet. So I can get the update automatically. But, Computer (No.B, and No.C ) is not connect with internet. But we use the flash Drive and 3 1/2 Floppy disk. Without antivirus software, No.B & C can get the virus. Already having the antivirus software...

How to find the avg speed? [ 1 Answers ]

I go to kumon and I have question that says... A car takes 7 hours and 50 minutes to travel 549 and 9/10(9 over 10)km. What is the average speed of the car in km per hour? The second part to the question is how many minutes will it take the car to travel 19 and 1/5 km?

Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). Please advice me how to slove this problem OK?because I'm suffer from this problem:"

View more questions Search