Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Child support modification
    First I would like to know when the support law changed in Indiana from 18 to 21? Also how do you file to modify items when you live out of state? I really don't want to have to retain an attorney if at all possible. I am trying to keep things cordial between my ex and myself. If they go away to school does the support stop and then you help with college expenses? Where can I find the actual case law on this? Thanks for your help.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2007, 08:14 PM
    The only way to really answer your questions is to speak with an attorney from the state where the support order originated, as that is the state of jurisdiction. You might not necessarily have to retain one but you'll need to pay for an initial consultation to have all of your concerns addressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support modification [ 1 Answers ]

When my husband divorced his first wife, she was awarded spousal support of $400 a month for 44 months and $400 for child support (one child.) This was based on her making $45,000 a year, while he made $86,000 a year. She had three children from a previous marriage, receiving child support for...

Another modification to child support question [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, After proposing mediation for a more structured visitation order, my ex-husband (Respondent)decided to get an attorney. I did pro-per (Petitioner) because it wasn't such a big issue to me, I just wanted something in writing instead of the assumptions as to who it was that had a weekend with my...

Child Support Modification [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is still in college and in our divorce agreement was to have support until she reaches 22 if she is a full time student Massachusetts now has guidelines to the age of 23 when the child is a full time student. Is it possible to ask for a modification to the original agreement?

Child Support Modification [ 2 Answers ]

I am seeking a modification in my current child support payment. My current payment of $674 is created a financial hardship for me. All my utilities and rental payments are last monthly which cause a greater hardship due to the late fees. I have another child for which I have a voluntarily...

Child Support Modification/Massachusetts [ 1 Answers ]

I am going back for an increase in child support (Massachuetts). My ex is remarried for the third time and has shared physical custody of his two older daughters from his first marriage, age 18 and 16; neither parent pays support. 1) How much of his wife's income can be considered for my daughters...

View more questions Search