Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoitik8888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2004, 12:31 PM
    How I know the raw material
    Hello

I want to know if I buy a t-shirt,there is write 100% is cotton,, but is there any method I can check it ?how can I prove the raw material in label is real?

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2004, 07:45 PM
    Re: how I know the raw material
    There are strict laws against labeling a garment 100% cotton and using other fibers. But then out prisons are overflowing wit law breakers.

I am not sure how you might tell the difference. Perhaps you could try a surface type microscope such as Radio shack 63-851. The cotton fibers might look different from any synthetic ones. You could compare an all cotton shirt with a poly blend and see if you can see any difference. Nobody likes to be hoodwinked.

Personally, I prefer the blends. A little polyester gives longer wear while keeping the good feel of the cotton.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any suggestions on Brand/Material of new Bathtub [ 11 Answers ]

I am looking at purchasing and installing a 5' 36''-42'' (acrylic or cast iron) tub. No whirlpool. Any suggestions on a brand? I was looking at Kohler? Looking for something deep and wide for the lady. The tub is also to be used for a tub/shower combo. Looking at an alcove (tile flange,...

Sandy material in water cooled A/C [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo where we have water cooled 3 ton heat pumps for each unit. We have a large cooling tower on the roof. Our building is 25 years old and about a quarter mile from the beach in Florida. My A/C shut down yesterday and when I restarted it it did the same after a few minutes. I...

Direct Material Variances [ 1 Answers ]

What type would it be if the price and quantity arose if the actual number of lbs of materials used exceeds standards lbs aalowed but actual cost is less than the standard cost? I think that the quantity would be favorable and the price would be unfavorable. Am I correct?

Grading material. [ 2 Answers ]

Am running a trench and what with all the rock and it being clay soil was wondering if I could use sand to get plumb then cover with the clay and then with the clay/rocks?

View more questions Search