Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairytree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 09:47 AM
    I'm really worried about my friend... what should I do?
    My 14 year old friend got really depressed about family matters a couple of months ago and slit her wrists. Now she says she's over it but she still hates her family, has an 18 year old boyfriend and has decided to lose weight. I'm being supportive of her decisions because everyone's being really negative and I don't want her to feel like she's on her own or I'm worried she'll do stupid stuff. However, in reality I'm so so worried about her and I don't know what to do.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 10:07 AM

Are you around the same age?

I would encourage her to talk to the school councillor and/or another adult she can trust.

How are things with her family now?
    pch13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Hey! So I've deffinetly been on the same road as your friend. And when were going through this kind of stage all we need is a friend to just listen to what we hae to talk about. She needs you to just listen and be supportive, but at the same time make sure you ask her what's going on and if she's OK. It's a hard thing to experience and when your friend isn't going through the same thing its worse. I think if your there for her, she'll really thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so worried about my friend [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm almost positive that a good friend of mine, a girl I care very much for and love dearly, has begun smoking pot. I have no idea why in the hell she would, as she is so far above doing that. She's smart, nice, sweet, caring, ambitious and all that... and I don't want to see her ruin...

Worried about my friend [ 28 Answers ]

My one friend who I really care about seems very depressed lately, he's scaring me and really worrying me. Everyday I think about him and want to cry and cut myself because of how much I care for him. I don't kow what I can do to help because I'm just as depressed, could someone please give me...

I'm worried about a friend [ 4 Answers ]

Okay... here goes I am a friend of this woman. Its her first kid... she is pregrant but smokes weed every day... she needs to take a drug test does anyone know anything that she can buy so she can pass it and it won't hurt the baby I don't agree with any female doing anything while...

I'm worried about my best friend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this friend and during the school year we were really close and all and I mean we still are but she is beginning to have some problems such as she has gotten back into smoking and drinking witch I got her out of when we became friends but she got back in with the wrong crowed and she...

Worried about a friend [ 5 Answers ]

This may be a long shot but can anyone tell me if a friend can be found by their e-mail address or mobile number? We were intouch with a friend in Athens up to 15 days ago when he last called us and we have not heard from him since, neither has his other friends we know. We are all becoming...

View more questions Search