Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowens12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 08:43 AM
    I am of an age between 10 and 100 when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digi
    I am of an age between 10 and 100 I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digits are in the reverse order of my age in decimal base 10 how old am I
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 09:18 AM

Are you stating your age as between 10 and 100 (90 years) base 10 (decimal)?

Or are you saying that your age is between 0x10 (16) and 0x100 (64) years which is a 32 year gap?

We have to know what is the number system is being used to generate the range we are looking at.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 11:39 AM

In base 10, if you let A be the first digit (the tens digits) of your age and B is the units digit your age is written "AB," and the value in base 10 is 10A + B. When written in hexadecimal your age is written "BA," which converted to base 10 has the value 16B +A. So:

10A + B = 16B + A

Rearrange and simplify, and you get:

3A = 5B.

You know that both A and B are integers between 0 and 9 inclusive. There is only one set of values for A and B that satisfies this condition. Can you complete this now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH age 18 What are charges? [ 3 Answers ]

What if you're an under age drinker in Miami County, OH (age 18), what are possible charges when appearing in court? Should you have a lawyer?

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. [ 1 Answers ]

The age of father is twice the square of the age of his son. Eight years hence, the age of the father will be 4 years more than three times the age of the son. Find present ages?

Age 64 what to do at age 65 as am on SSI [ 1 Answers ]

I am on SSI, have been for years.. In November I'll be 65... what do I need to do about notifying Social Security that I am 65 and what will happen to my SSI?

View more questions Search