Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dukelemoyne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Celing Fan Light Switch - 2 Leads
    How do I change the switch on my Hunter fan light? It's not an old unit, but the chain sticks and refuses to release when you pull on it. I bought a replacement switch from Hunter, without instructions. The old switch has two black wires going into the plastic and metal case, with no visible means of releasing them. The new switch is a bit larger, plastic, with four clip-in terminals. Thank you.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Sounds like you bought the wrong switch, the correct replacement should also have two wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celing fan pull switch [ 8 Answers ]

I have a stacked switch that will hold 8 wires there were 2 black 1 grey 1green and 1 purple. Some one replaced it and got it wired wrong the fan stayed on low and the switch would not effect it. I took and old single layer switch from another fan touched the black to each wire to find the speeds...

Installing fan and light switch for ceiling fan [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to install a switch that controls both the ceiling fan with 3 speeds and a dimmer switch all in one unit for a hunter ceiling fan. At the wall switch there is a black wire which is always hot, a red and a ground. At the ceiling, where I removed a light fixture, there is a black, red,...

Fan light switch install [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I replaced the lamp base on my ceiling fan, just two wires, I also want to change the pull chain switch for the light on and off. How do I wire this. I have tried and always blow the circuit breaker. Where do I hook up the pull chain wires? Thanks for any help.:eek:

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

3 wire celing fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought a 3 wire celing fan switch and I can't figure out how to wire it. It is a 3 speed fan and it has what appears to be a transformer with blue and black wires going from the old switch to the transformer. One black wire is coming out of the transformer to the plug. The new switch...

View more questions Search