Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Hangover sufferers beware! Don't take Tylenol after drinking!
    Alcohol metabolism activates an enzyme that transforms acetamenophen into chemical compounds that cause liver damage. If you are a chronic drinker, use of over the counter pain relievers and fever reducers is likely to cause liver damage severe enough to require a liver transplant--not a risk worth taking!!

If you know you're going to be drinking and you want to preemptively treat hangover headache, take it well BEFORE you drink. Better yet, don't drink so much that you need it.

FDA ANNOUNCES NEW ALCOHOL WARNINGS FOR PAIN RELIEVERS AND FEVER REDUCERS
    Alcohol Metabolism-Alcohol Alert No.35-1997
    Dangers of Acetaminophen and Drinking
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 01:53 PM
    OK, if you insist on a question, here's one: Are you willing to risk causing severe damage to your liver by taking acetamenophin while alcohol is in your system?
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clouded
    So.... Whats your question?
    I think your post is a little on the rude side ? This has been posted to give some advise and help to others.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Best thing to prevent a hang over is drink water. Lots of water. It helps dilute the alcohol in the system.

Yes, I have heard this for many years that it is best to avoid the mixture of these two drugs because it will cause liver damage or worse.

Excellent post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Beware of Collection agencies [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I want to pass the word around about the “Credit Bureau of San Luis Obispo & Santa Barbara Counties”. Do fall for this trap; this is a scam collections company. Beware of them threatening you about your credit report and what they will do with it. Report them to the Federal Trade...

Parents Beware [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Tonight, Fri, 04-07-06, "Dateline NBC" will have a report on MySpace.com, with input from MySpace. If you are a parent with teens, who use the internet, and in particular, please be aware what information your teen(s) has put on online. Some teens are "going too far" with posting MyProfile,...

Beware of Xylitol [ 1 Answers ]

We visited the dog guide school school recently. Thought I would share some of what I learned. One of their veterinarians gave a talk on current hazards. Xylitol, a newer artificial sweetener finding wide use in sugar free gums, is very bad for dogs, see...

View more questions Search