Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpogirl26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Are mutually exclusive events also complementary events?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 02:27 AM

Not necessarily.

Say you have a die and roll it.

Let A be the event a number greater than 4 is obtained.
    Let B be the event a number smaller than 3 is obtained.

Events A and B are exclusive, but they are not complementary because:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caledonia is considering two additional mutually exclusive projects. The cash lows as [ 1 Answers ]

Caledonia is considering two additional mutually exclusive projects. The cash lows associated with these projects are as follows: Year Project A Project B 0 -$100,000 -$100,000 1 32,000 ...

Mutually exclusive [ 3 Answers ]

22. A study by the National Park Service revealed that 50 percent of vacationers going to the Rocky Mountain region visit Yellowstone Park, 40 percent visit the Tetons, and 35 percent visit both. a. What is the probability a vacationer will visit at least one of these attractions? c. Are the...

Mutually exclusive [ 8 Answers ]

The events X and Y are mutually exclusive. Suppose P(X) _ .05 and P(Y) _ .02. What is the probability of either X or Y occurring? What is the probability that neither X nor Y will happen?

Mutually exclusive and not mutually exclusive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I had to submit my homework online and one of the questions were... Is it mutually exclusive if you were to roll a die and get a number greater than 3, and get a number less than 3? I put it was not mutually exclusive. I got it wrong though. I thought events were mutually...

Are faith and logic mutually exclusive? [ 7 Answers ]

Why do some insist that reason and faith are mutually exclusive while simultaneously pointing to creation itself as evidence of God's existence?

View more questions Search