Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geenic Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Ex-boyfriend who wouldn't let me move on
    I broke up with my ex boyfriend 9 months ago. During these 9 months we have been keeping in touch and been trying to get back together but we always ended in arguments. I always decided to stop talking to him but after some time, I contacted him again and then he pissed me off and I stopped talking to him. This cycles kept going for few times and for months until recently I decided to stop talking again because it's not doing me any good.

All I want to know is what is he doing with me and why is he doing this to me? He kept telling me it's over and yet he still tells me that I'm someone special to him and still gives me the importance. He will also often sent me texts if I disappear for few days to check on me. He still want to do things with me but no sex involved. This is really confusing me as what I am to him?
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Oct 6, 2010, 02:30 PM

Why did you guys break-up was something that you wanted or something he did?

Either way you need to start following the no contact rules.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 6, 2010, 02:52 PM

He is doing nothing to you that you are not allowing, and in some cases instigating. For whatever reason you keep the door open you need to close the door and stop all contact with him, no matter what he does and why he does it.

It really is that simple and you need to curb your curiosity as to his motives and intentions to end your confusion.

Read the stickies, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 02:55 PM

He is keeping his options open or should I say hooked. Your not the first person to go through this. I let my ex play that game with emails for almost a year. Now keep in mind the word here is " I ". He couldn't keep me hooked if I didn't allow it. I finally wised up and put in the NO CONTACT rules that I learned from here. I feel a lot better about myself and that is all that matters. It might help to read some of the post from other people and the advice given to them, it helps.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:44 PM
    "recently i decided to stop talking again because it's not doing me any good. "

Keep that up.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Oct 6, 2010, 08:29 PM

YOU broke up with him so for some reason he wants you to be available to him if and when you decide to go back to him. That's all it is. But it sounds more like he broke up with you, so he is keeping you hanging on a string so he can reel you in whenever he likes. You should not give him that option, and remove yourself from his grasp. If I were you, I would suggest he joins a bridge club, and hope he jumps.. {figuratively speaking of course}

Oct 9, 2010, 04:44 AM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    Haha... that is so funny.. never thought of that..
    itsnancyy Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2011, 10:59 AM
    Your really not the only person going through this at all. Most of my friend and myself is going through the same problem. Seem like he wants his opions open. He just don't want to see you with someone else nor want to KNOW that he's going to loss you to someone else better? Cause that always kills them inside. Believe it or not he won't stop bothering you until HE finds someone else. So just ignore his text and calls... as hard as it seems to do but if you want this silly relationship to END. You need to cut all contacts with him or else YOU won't get to meet someone else who's worth your TIME:)

Sep 26, 2011, 11:27 AM
    I did put a stop to it but recently his friends got to me. He saw me with another guy and he went all crazy. His friends came to me and told me how disrespectful of me for him. We are not in contact anymore and both of us are still single. Recently I found out he still have feelings for me. I didn't make any moves to contact him or anything.

But am still not really over him and I don't think he is as well. Its coming to 2 years since our break up.

Sep 26, 2011, 11:37 AM
    I need help on what I shld do.. I know I still feel for him too..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I move on from my ex boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, Ugh you know when you feel so alone, that you just have to do something to try and make yourself feel better? Or understand? That's what I am doing here. Im 19 and my first love was a guy that I met coming right out of high school. We spent 2 months together before I had to go away to...

Should I move out with my boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

Ok, so I have been dating my boyfriend for 9 months and I know I really love him and I know he really loves me. We have been through a hell of a lot. Long story short, I'm 17 and my parents don't want me to date until I'm out of college. So when they found out about him, they flipped and put a...

Boyfriend wants me to move out [ 8 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and we have been through A lot together. After about a year of dating he would tell me that he wanted to marry me but I told him I wasn't sure. Well about a month ago I encouraged him to take on a management position with the company he works for. He...

How do I get my boyfriend to move out? [ 6 Answers ]

I rent a house from my parents. My boyfriend and I have been living together since October. We have 1 child together. We have been fighting constantly and it's starting to get physical. I've asked him to leave but he won't, he says he pays rent to. What are my options? I live in Arkansas.

Should the boyfriend always make the first move? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's my question... Are the boyfriends supposed to always be the ones to put the first moves on every time they fool around with their girlfriend? Or can it be from both of them? It seems like she always wants me to put the first moves on her but I never know when the right time is or if...

View more questions Search