Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyromo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Calculating the interest expense for debt
    A company has $800,000 loan. The loan cannot be prepaid and the interest only payments are at 6%. However, because market rates decrease, the company now values the loan at $815,000. What is the interest expense line item under a fair value accounting system, not GAAP?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2010, 01:35 AM
    What is the interest expense line item under a fair value accounting system?

6% of $815,000 = $48,900 for the year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest Expense [ 1 Answers ]

The first two months of opening the business the amortization schedule has interest of $708.33 and 585.25, while the first note payable was due on the 3rd month. After I input the first month of interest: Interest Expense $708.33 Interest Payable $708.33 Do we reverse this at the...

Interest Expense [ 1 Answers ]

I have a homework question. It has been a while since I have taken Accounting and don't really remember some of the formulas. The question is asking me how to calculate a company's interest expense. It is giving me the net income as well as the operating income and the tax rate. Can someone help me...

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

View more questions Search