Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panahead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 02:57 PM
    I need to replace a general controls T-80 thermostat
    I have a general controls T-80 thermostat that controls a natural gas heater... (no ac) it says that it is 700mv and it has 2 wires going to it... it also says that it works with pg-1, pg-6 and pg-9 pilot generators.. it works very sporadicaly... I like it.. and like the old look of it... but my wife is nagging me to fix it... she wants it to work without fiddling with it... I have sprayed it with contact cleaner and checked the connections... any ideas on what I should do? Any help appreciated... thanks in advance...
    california-ron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2019, 01:19 PM
    Before you replace the thermostat check the wire nut screws at the heater. Those wires are connected through the thermostat. The wires sometimes become slightly corroded and lose their connectivity. Clean the contacts and see if that stops the sporadic operation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITT General Controls thermostat went out [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site today after my thermostat went out. It's a T80BV100 ITT General controls thermostat. I disconnected it from the wall and exposed two black unlabeled wires. For the record it says for use with millivolt and B54M gas valve only. My question is...

Itt general controls thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning! I want to replace my ITT General Controls thermostat with a programmable one in order to save some gas. I have an old gas in-floor furnace with the ITT thermostat Cat No. #T80AV100. (Actually the printing on the back of the thermo cover is not very good, so I am inferring that...

General controls thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

This control operated these wall units I have never seen. They look like some 1960s specialty with glass in front of unit.

Wiring for new Honeywell thermostat from ITT General Controls [ 10 Answers ]

I have an old ITT General Controls (mercury switch) thermostat for our electric furnace. I am trying to replace it with a Honeywell RTH230b thermostat. The old wiring has four wires (two white and two red) which are attached to screws labeled "F, H1, H2 and V". Looking at the wiring diagram on...

General controls thermostat T99AH [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing an old ITT General Controls thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7500D. My heating system is a forced air gas furnace (no air conditioning). My old thermostat has 2 wires coming from the furnace, but there are no labels on the old thermostat. Both wires are white. I have no idea where...

View more questions Search