Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roberta123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
    My son's father refuses to let me and my son move into my mums. Can he stop me
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 01:37 PM

What reason does he give?

He can't legally stop you without a court order. What country are you in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 06:04 PM

Are you separating from him ? Is this in the same state ?

But no, if this is in the US or Canada, they can not stop you from moving to your mom's
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Are you seperating from him ? Is this in the same state ?

But no, if this is in the US or Canada, they can not stop you from moving to your mom's
    Don't know for sure, but because she uses the term " my mums", I suspect she may be in the U.K.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop the father of my child from seeing my son? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old mother and I am in a happy relationship I have a 2 1/2 yr old son and his whole 2 1/2 years of living his father only seen him at 2 months, 4 months, and 8 months(Yes three times) and he is not on the birth certificate and my fiancé been there for us since my son was born we...

Can I stop access to my son by his father? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to stop my sons father seeing him due to the amount of drugs him and his family smoke if there a chance of doing this? I don't feel my son is safe when with them and am not happy to leave him on his own

If mother refuses to watch teen son whilst father is deployed, can you sue? [ 2 Answers ]

Mother refuses to watch son after verbal agreement with ex husband. She claims it is not her responsibility. Can we sue for abandonment, and other fees if I have to place my son in a boot camp?

My 9yr old son wants to move out of state w/ his father! What do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am a single parent raising a 9 yr old in my parents (his grandparents) home. I share custody with his father who lives out of state with his girlfriend. We went to court 2 yrs ago and it was REALLY ugly. In a nutshell, when my ex decided to move out of state he took our son with him on...

View more questions Search