Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    courtney7106 Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Oct 5, 2010, 12:49 PM
    For someone understanding
    I am a fairly religious 19 year old girl. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 and a half years. I'd like to be thought of as more than just a 19 year old. Yes, I believe I am in love, but I don't necessarily believe it is simply because I am immature. Maybe I just know myself very well. I think about this website a lot because I had a miscarriage in July. I ask questions on this website fairly often, but I honestly think the reason I think about this website so much is beacause I want to be pregnant. The truth is that I fell in love with my baby as soon as I found out I was pregnant. My whole life was about to change and I was going to give up my dream of having the perfect family. I wanted to be married before I got pregnant. Now I just wish that I could have one thing I want out of this. I want to be pregnant, but I want to be pregnant after I am married. I feel that I won't be happy until I get 1 of those things. All I can think about is pregnancy. I constantly think I am pregnant, and take tests only to find a negative response. Why has this miscarriage changed my life like this?
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2010, 02:01 PM

You have been through an emotional experience. You have lost your baby. You need to mourn. We all deal with loss differently. Try talking to someone about your loss, it can be family,councelor, or even religious leader. I lost our second child by miscarriage. I have stated before and will let you know that I take the time every year on that day to remember that loss. I don't think you can deal with a loss like this by just replacing it with another pregnancy, that is just covering up the pain and not dealing with it.
    Don't rush things in your life. Take it one step at a time, you see time will help you heal. Iam sorry for your loss, keep us posted.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 02:08 PM

Hello Courtney,

This person that you are with, does he know how badly you want to get pregnant?

Yes, getting pregnant after marriage is a good idea. I do think that you are a little young to get married and have a baby.

I would concenrate on college and a career first. Why? Because babies are expensive. It is always good to formulate a plan first. You are young, and will have your opportunity to have the "American dream". Just don't rush it. Also, if you do marry this person, then have a couple of years alone with him first.

Oct 5, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    He doesn't know exactly how much I think about it, or how much I want it. He knows that I get upset about losing the baby a lot. He doesn't understand why I get so upset.

Oct 5, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Comment on answerme_tender's post
    I don't know how else I can be happy again and how I can stop thinking about it. Thank you for your advice and I will keep you updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help understanding why this happens! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help understanding this I am 15 years old and most of the time when I go to sleep at night my boyfriend stays on the phone because I have a tendency to stop breathing at night. Well for the past couple months when I fall asleep he has been saying to me I love you baby and when he says that I...

Understanding Her [ 7 Answers ]

I met a girl via online dating. We chatted and texted and spoke a lot for acouple of weeks then we decided to meet. We met for lunch and ended up spending the afternoon and evening together, walking around and chatting. Everything went really well. About a week later she came to my house for...

Understanding you.S taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if my husband and I should file our taxes jointly. I'm originally from Canada and I married my husband in march 2007. I've rec'd my residence card frm homeland security and I'm now able to work (but I do not have a job nor have I ever had a job in the U.s). I own 2 rental...

Understanding: [ 42 Answers ]

Why should people believe that all religious understanding is relative and that no one interpretation is absolute? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search