Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rncarolyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 11:49 AM
    Under kitchen sink odor making me sick
    I just moved into a rental house and the odor under the kitchen sink is so strong I have had a headache with intermittent nausea ever since I moved in (Four days ago). My landlord sealed up the hole where the plumbing goes to the dishwasher and other than that has no ideas. It is ONLY under the sink and there are no obvious wet spots or leaks. It smells kind of like a chemical/rotting combination. PLEASE suggest something !
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 5, 2010, 12:18 PM

It really isn't your job to fix this but your landlord may not want to or know how to find the problem. If the fumes make you ill the home is not habitable and you could state this to the LL. It is grounds for getting out of the lease. A smell coming from inside and encloserd area like you describe can be mold, mildew or even a dead rodent.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2010, 12:30 PM

Yes I agree with Bob follow his instructions, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odor coming from under Kitchen sink [ 73 Answers ]

I have noticed an odor coming from the cabinets where the kitchen sink is. I have looked for any leaks where the sink is, but have not found any. Could the odor be coming from the sewage? How can I tell? If so, then what can I do to get rid of it? Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.

Kitchen Sink Odor [ 0 Answers ]

We just had a new stainless steel sink installed as part of our kitchen remodel. It was manufactured in China. There is a very strong chemical type odor coming out of the cabiet below the sink. There are no leaks and nothing obvious that would be causing the odor. We thought that it had...

Odor from kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bad odor coming from my kitchen sink. I have used vinegar and baking soda, drain cleaners and ran water. What could it be.

Very strong Kitchen sink odor [ 64 Answers ]

Hello We live in a 5th floor apartment and ever since we have moved in there has been a very strong odor coming from the kitchen sink. We don't have a disposal. It smells like sewer and seems to start when hot water is ran down the sink. But then, other times it will be very strong first thing...

Odor coming from kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

There is a sewer gas smell coming from my kitchen sink. When I first bought the house the washer backed up and the rotor-rooter guy said that the main drain has two large pipes coming into it at the same place and not to run the dishwasher and washer at the same time. Would weekly applications of a...

View more questions Search