Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pyratic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 06:16 AM
    PC freezes
    Hello,
    I've been having this problem since a very long time now.
    My system specs are
    Core i7 , Intel DX58BP mobo
    3 GB DDR3 RAM [XP]
    NVIDIA 9800 GT 1 GB
    1 TB HDD and 550w Power supply.

The system freezes while playing games . If it's a graphically extreme game the PC freezes and sometimes reboots in under 10-20 minutes. If I play an older gamer [Warcraft] The system freezes in an hour or so.
    I've changed 3 power supplies to date , which temporarily made the system not freeze. I read up on the freezing issue and found out 3 main causes of this
    1>Dust
    2>H/W problems
    3>Overheating / Not enough power

I don't have problem with dust as I clean my PC every three to four days. I checked and rechecked my H/W a lot of times too.
    Is it a problem with the Power supply that I need an even greater Voltage one or is it the problem on the motherboard since its Intel , cause a lot of Intel boards have overheating issues. This problem has seriously pissed me off. :(
    Please help me!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 07:01 AM

Are you certain all of your device drivers are up to date. If found those can give you fits exactly as you describe as well.

By up to date... I don't mean what shipped with the product on a CD... I mean based on what every manufaturer has on their websites that will be more current.

Motherboard... Soundcard, video card... etc... ALL of them.
    pyratic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 09:35 PM
    I'll try doing that ! Thanks for the reply :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge freezes everything? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old refrigerator that is too cold. The freezer works fine, but The fridge freezes everything solid and all water condensate freezes on sides. I've turned the thermostat to warmest setting. No change. Bad thermostat not telling it when to shut off?

A/c freezes up [ 3 Answers ]

My a/c handler freezing up if I turn my a/c below 80 degrees does this mean I need a new handler

Ac freezes up [ 2 Answers ]

My outside ac unit freezes up

Pc freezes during start up [ 10 Answers ]

My PC freezes durning start-up. When I turn it on it never even gets to the welcome screen, what should I do? (I'm running win-xp) Fortunately, I can start it up in 'safe mode'. Where do I go from there? I tried a system restore, a disk cleanup, and a defrag, but the problem persists! Any help...

Computer Freezes [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me?  I have an E-Machine AMD Duron 800Mhz computer with 768 RAM.  I have been having a lot of problems with my computer for the past year.  Whenever I am using it, either on the web, printing something or just using a program, the computer just freezes.  I have done all the...

View more questions Search