Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Oct 4, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Two Questions About Bras and GIRLS ONLY MATTER
    Okay so like I have said before, my household is a little low on funds right now and I am hitting puberty. Previously I only have needed sports bras but now I need something with a little more support. My mom doesn't want me to have under-wires or much padding and I was wondering where I could find a very inexpensive 40-42 A bra with the criteria listed above. I know it might be hard but if someone could help that would be great. The other question is I had two regular periods 1-2 years ago and I haven't had one since. What is wrong here? If you could answer either one of these questions, that would be great.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2010, 04:35 PM

A sports bra isn't offering enough support? Sports bra should offer the most support, seeing as they are designed to be worn specifically for when you are playing sports and don't want anything moving around too much. At least, that's what a good sports bra should do. As for where to find a cheap bra, just about anywhere that sells clothing. Sears, target, kohl's, ross, tj maxx, macy's (maybe check out their clearance and sales racks), heck even costco usually has a few bras.

Some tips my aunts, sister, and cousins have passed down to me: 1) if there's someone at the store that does bra fittings, always get fitted and let them help you. 2) basic colors are important. A bra that's closest to your skin color will make shirts seem less see through. For example, anytime I find a bra I love I make sure that I definitely get it in nude so I can wear it under just about anything. I didn't listen the first time and bought a hot pink bra only to find I couldn't wear it with many of my shirts. 3)move around in it while you're trying it on. If you can't stretch, bend over, any other regular movements we do everyday in the fitting room without your bra giving you support it's not a good bra for you.

As for the period, that's something that needs to be discussed with your doctor. It's normal for your periods to be irregular in the beginning, but 1-2 years in between means it's time for a doctor to make sure everything is OK.
    Mycurses Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Oct 6, 2010, 02:06 PM
    Well, the thing is it isn't really a sports bra, and I haven't gotten a new one in a long time so they are very stretched out. Thanks anyway.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2010, 09:08 AM

Then it sure does sound like it is time for some new bras. If you're looking for something with a lot of support and plan to being running, jumping, or playing sports a lot, a good sports bra might be a good choice. But if you're not going to be doing anything athletic you probably won't need that much support and a regular bra will likely do and depending on your wardrobe you may be able to wear a regular bra more (my sports bras don't work well at all with the majority of my tops, but it depends on what kind of tops you like to wear).
    lamorbak Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Sports bras should give you the best sport but often not very flattering, you should get fitted in a department store and then go online to compare pricing and get the best pricing possible I would also recommend getting a good quality bran name bra like a Bali bra which tend to last longer then the cheaper brands.
    JessicaW8 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Playtex might have a good quality not expensive bra in that size. You should ask your doctor about your period. You might have a hormone preventing you to not have them. It old be a very serious issue so please tell your doctor.
    qwertykid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Comfort Wirefree Girl?s B Cup 34B 36B 38B 40B 42B 44B Womens Underwear Bra A04Z | eBay hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Offense Petty Theft, I have a couple questions regarding the matter [ 15 Answers ]

I got caught stealing about $51 from a store in Maryland earlier today. They took me to an upper office, took my picture, took a picture of the merchandise, told me I was banned from all stores across the country and told me that I would be receiving a court summons later in the mail at some point...

To the girls with questions about guys [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, well I know many of us are totally baffeled by guys and their response to everything we do or say. I have found the answer. Its all in this book, For Young Women Only. It tells a lot of what is going on through their minds and how we effect their lives. THere is a website that has some great...

Personal questions.. about girls.. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey. I got my first girlfriend like, 2 weeks ago.. she has been with guys before and has made out with them.. and she has been fingered.. I am really nervous about these things. I have never.. EVER had any help with either of these things. I mean never even talked in detail about it.. its...

View more questions Search