Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yvonnne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Converting single kitchen sink to a double sink
    I had a single sink, when I remodeled I put in a double sink. The plumbing is a problem. What can we do to get the garbage disposal, dish washer also new, to function properly?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 4, 2010, 03:59 PM

Put the disposer on the sink closet to the dishwasher. Run your washer drain line in a high loop up to the underside of the counter and secure it before dipping back down and entering the disposer via the same pipe sticking out the side. DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE THE KNOCK OUT PLUG IN THIS PIPE. Were you having any water supply issues? What else do you need covered?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 06:46 PM
    Generally, you use a double sink drain set with the Garbage disposal in 1 side and the dishwasher output through the special tailpiece or through the knockout in the garbage disposal-make sure you get the knock out piece! Single "P"trap connects where the old trap did. Sometimes with all the piping and garbage disposal, you need to put in some extra bends. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting from a double sink to a one sink vanity [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a dual sink vanity which I plan on replacing with a single sink. Existing faucets are single lever. Replacement faucet will be dual taps (one for hot, one for cold). Don't have a clue how re: degree of work/difficulty involved. Would appreciate guidance. Thanks!!

How to change double sink to single sink in the restroom [ 2 Answers ]

I have a double vanity in the masterbed room. I want to convert it to single for more space.

Convert double sink to single [ 3 Answers ]

It is very hard to wash pots and pans so I want to convert my 33" double sink into a deeper single sink (9 inches). I have a limited budget so I wanted to know if my plumber is going to charge me a lot of money for this? Currently I have a disposal on 1 side and a drain on the other. Is this...

Convert drain for single sink to a double sink [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to convert my bathroom sink drain to a double sink setup

Am trying to convert my single sink bathroom to a double sink, [ 1 Answers ]

I have a single sink in my bathroom at this point, am trying to put a double sink counter top on it. My question is if I have to put a double drain pipes or if I can put a T on the excisting one, same question for the hot, and cold water. Am just worried about the drain pipe hopefully you guys can...

View more questions Search