Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary1956 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 10:10 AM
    How remove ex-boyfriend from my home. Florida Eviction Laws
    Ex-boyfriend refuses to leave my home, he has been living here 9 months. There is no lease and he has never paid any rent or bills. I own the home myself and all bills are in my name. He says that this is his residence now and I cannot have him removed. He is like a squatter. Do I file an eviction (but there is no lease and no rent paid) or ejectment in Florida. Thank you for your help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 10:17 AM

He isn't a squatter. He has been living there, probably at your invitiation, probably with your consent.

You evict him under Florida law - Florida Evictions sets things out clearly.

My other thought is - is he dangerous or a threat? If you get a restraining order you can keep him from returning to the residence; however, I don't recommend at all that you make up grounds if you don't have any.

If you agreed that he would pay rent and he never did, then those are your grounds. However, if there was no agreement you do not have those grounds.

My feeling (depending on how obnoxious he is) is that he will leave when he gets the 3 day notice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida eviction laws [ 2 Answers ]

I am 82 years old and for the last 5 years my adult son (54 now) has been living in my house which I own. He doesn't pay any rent, he has a drinking and gambling problem and verbally and emotionally abuses me constantly. I cannot live this way anymore. I have emphysema and must have breathing...

State of Florida eviction laws [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! How can I remove my boy-friend from my house? We have lived together for the past 5 years at the same address. He has paid the utilities and done some painting around the house. I have asked him to leave for the past 90 days and he is still here. This is in Fl.

Eviction laws in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Can I legally evict my 20 year old daughter, who does not work, go to school or pay rent?

Florida Foreclosure Home Laws [ 6 Answers ]

My hisb and I purchased a home in Florida as investment in 2006. Currently it is being rented but for much less than our mortgage. We are in negative and we live in California. We hae 3 small children and as of sept 2008 my husb and I filed for divorce. He is now paying rent for another home and...

Florida eviction laws [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on medical leave and for the past 3 months I've had to pay my rental payments late but they have been paid until December when my job is now only paying me at 60% leave, this has been explained to my landlord but my question is, I've notice that every time I make a deposit into the...

View more questions Search