Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Africansoldier Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 09:51 AM
    My Laptop cant connect to any networks.
    My laptop used to connect to the internet and networks. But now I can't find anything to do with my wirless finding device. It's almost as if it's forgotten it has a wirless device! Which happened with my CD Drive because of filters and I had that fixed. But now I have this problem and don't want to pay loads to get it fixed. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 08:03 AM

Is your wirless device listed in Device Manager?

Right click MY COMPUTER>MANAGE>click on DEVICE MANGER in the left pane.

Oct 8, 2010, 08:36 AM
    OK ill try

Oct 8, 2010, 09:43 AM
    OK I tried I couldn't find "Device Manager" in My Computer maybe this is because my laptop is a compac Presario F500?

Oct 8, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Sorry found it my HP Wireless assistant isn't in there! Is there a way I can put it back in?

Oct 8, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Thank you I found device manager but how do I put HP Wireless assistant back in? Because its not in there!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 10:50 AM
    HP wireless assistant won't be in device maanger. Device manager are a list of physical devices in your PC. Look at the example I provided.

Underneath Network Aapters you will see your Ethernet Adapter. If you have wireless you should also see a wirless adapter as well. Do you see it?
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect two different networks, we don't have VPN? [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

How to connect two wireless networks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a college student. I am doing a project on wireless networks. I would like to connect all Zigbee networks in each floor into a single network controlled by a remote controller in a building. Thanks for your help.

Connect 1 computer to 2 networks [ 4 Answers ]

I want to share files with my room mate but not allow internet access, He has his own source for internet. He connects to his modem via cat 5 and to mine via wireless. He has 2 separate NIC cards to accomplish this. So far I haven't been able to get it to work. Any advice?

How do I connect two wireless networks? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all I have a domestic situation. DSL modem to wireless router to switch (for the wired computers). I have wirelessly-connected computers all over the house, (Wireless g), with variable signal strength. For the computers that don't get a good wireless signal, I invested in mini-repeaters...

Connect two networks [ 2 Answers ]

I have two running networks one with a broadband internet connection, I want to connect the two networks so as to be able to share the internet connection. Any advice will be welcomed.

View more questions Search