Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smamishi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 09:10 AM
    Yahoo email address hacked?
    Someone hacked my email address book and sent junk emails to the addresses.what should I do now?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 09:15 AM

Change your password to something cryptic and hard to guess, meaning no simple words, use upper and lower case characters, numbers and special characters. Other than that you can't undo what has already been done.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2010, 08:01 PM
    Hi, smamishi!

I would also suggest copying anything that you want to keep that's in the account and changing to another account and then deleting everything in the old account. Gmail seems to be much easier and secure to use than a Yahoo email account. Gmail is also free. You could also send out an apology to all those who you know received the spam and let them know about your new account. I've been witness at least a few times to people doing that.

I've also heard that if someone puts a string of letters like "aaaaaaallllllooooooeeedddd" as a first email address in an address book, that it's harder for hackers to get into it. Don't know if it really works, but might be worth a try.

Just some thoughts for you...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't receive emails on my Yahoo email address? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't receive emails on my Yahoo email address?

I'm trying to find someone by a Yahoo email address [ 4 Answers ]

I have been emailing and chatting with someone for several weeks.He was working in Dubai and lives in VA.I have not heard from him in 4 days we talk several times daily.Also I get no answer from his phone. I'm worried something has happened to him. I have his email add. His name and date of birth

Someone has hacked my email address book and is sending spam email to addresses in [ 2 Answers ]

Someone has hacked into my email address book and is sending spam to addresses from my book. How can I stop this?

Someone hacked my Yahoo email [ 2 Answers ]

Today I receive a fake email and was asked to submit my email and password too After some time my accout was hacked I tried to change my password through primery email address but he also change the email and secret questions Now he is demanding money My id was REMOVED I was user of that...

View more questions Search